The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Checked out the best junk yard in my local area and no decent parts trucks to be found. But GMC/Chevs of the same era galore. Now i know what you are going to say. It is because its a numbers game and Chev/GMC just have that many more out there. In my heart i know the truth! It is because us Dodge guys love our trucks more, keep them running, and road worthy. They are built like tanks, ride like tanks, and take a beating. LOL

How are the junk yards in everyone else neck of the woods?

Sure wish LMC did for Gen one dodges what they do for the rest.

·
444 Posts
My area ( north central Indiana) has no 1st gens to speak of. If you do find one. Its just a hull with nothing in it. Plus its rusted out

If you want prediesel (83 and older) parts. They keep those trucks around for some reason.

I just finished a trip to Laramie, WY to pickup a rust free cab.

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
sweet link thanks!

i am 6 hours away from home in a city of over a million and still no luck at the junk yards LOL good thing new parts from the body shop are available and not very expensive!

·
off to another home
15,472 Posts
dodges are built like chit! only good thing about them is the diesel engine that was put in them. probably arent any in the junkyard because they all rusted to pieces or were scrapped. haha

Garrett

·
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
dodges are built like chit! only good thing about them is the diesel engine that was put in them. probably arent any in the junkyard because they all rusted to pieces or were scrapped. haha

Garrett
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO:roflol:
i was waiting for someone to chime in bashing LOL

·
572 Posts
I'll second the junk truck/good motor thing. I love my Dodge, and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but the body just isn't the greatest, and you will never convince me otherwise. IT has terrible wiring, to the point that I have rewired the entire truck cab-forward, the body is falling apart etc. There are better products out there by far. But the engine is bulletproof.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts