The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at a 06 lbz and a 07 lmm and need feed back on which might be better. I'm not sold on the body style of the lmm but the int. is very nice. I also thought that the lbz was more user friendly as for as mods go. Any help would be awsome, I have a 04 6.0 now and am looking for a change.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
The LBZ and the LMM are very similar engines, there are a few differences but for the most parts its emissions equipment. Unless you REALLY like the interior on the LMM truck, I would go with the LBZ, nearly identical power, with better fuel economy.

Reactions: firecat

·
53 Posts
is there emision testing in your area if there is go with the lbz if u want to mod it

·
Pardue the Traveler
4,023 Posts
The LBZ is indeed the better choice but not by much. I don't have many complaints with my LMM though. It comes down to which styling, interior you like and which has the better price more than anything.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
I would also say if you don't have emission testing, go with the LMM. Now that I have fixed that pesky CAT/DPF issue the LMM is truly awesome.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The lbz is cheaper and has a few less miles, but the lmm has a dvd player and the whole nine yard. It does need bigger tires and that ugly megaphone of a tailpipe changed. I live in warren pa. which is in the northeast part of the state and i have not had my powerstroke checked for emissions yet thank god my cat is hollow.

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
The interior in the new truck is miles ahead of the previous truck; however, a younger LBZ would be a better choice mechanically. You said it was cheaper too? Well.....

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
This is true the money i would save could go towards playing happy foot. Has anyone had any dealings with warrenton select auto in va. thats were the trucks are.

·
2,126 Posts
LBZ...

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
This is true the money i would save could go towards playing happy foot. Has anyone had any dealings with warrenton select auto in va. thats were the trucks are.
Get the VIN for each and request the specs, build & history. Do this before you go much further.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
agreed with Josh, CHECK THE VIN!!! i would check them both, that gives you an idea of the service records of them, see if they have had any major engine/transmission work done to them...

IMHO, i love my LBZ, its an awsome truck and the interior is still very nice, and the engine is second to none, however the LMM trucks are growing on me, they are pretty nice rigs when done right

but like you say, cheaper and less miles... sounds like a pretty good deal, more cash for playing...

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
It sounds like you can get yourself into the LBZ and be happy. If the DVD is a selling point, look at the money you would be saving with the LBZ, and then find a DVD player you like and have it installed. More than likely you are going to get a bigger DVD Player than comes factory, for less money.

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
Flip a coin...either way you win....your getting rid of POS 6.0:hump

I love my LBZ though.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
I kinda like the interior styling of my truck. The LBZ has one more gauge than the newer truck and doesn't have the big mirror front bumper, either. I'd have no problems owning an LMM.

They're all such nice running, smooth powerful trucks....medium duty trans below, 11.5" locker out back....gotta love 'em.

·
1911 single stack
215 Posts

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts

·
23 Posts
When I was hunting for a truck I used to come across Warrenton's stuff all the time. Almost every VIN I ran the truck would come up with problems. Do your research first, you get what you pay for.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts