The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK....real dumb question for ya........

If you have the '''rail type''' gooseneck hitch like in the picture, where in the hell are you supposed to hook the safety chains???????????

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
man, this section dont get alot of hits.......or nobody on here pulls a gooseneck trailer...LOL

:bubbakevin:bubba

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Kevin,

What brand is that? I know my Curt gooseneck has cut outs for chains.
It goes in the rails with the cut out holes to toward the cab of the truck. Does the Manufacturer not give info on it on the web site etc?

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts

·
201 Posts
Good question, I don’t think I have ever seen a rail type like that with a place for chains. I’m guessing it’s because those rails are mostly used with 5th wheels which don’t use safety chains, which makes me wonder why 5th wheels don’t require safety chains.

I am guessing your in the market for a hitch?

·
Premium Member
5,220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I got the REESE rail system in the truck, was in it when I bought it. There are no places for the chains to hook to. I'll try and get a pic of my plate today and post it for ya.......there is no place for the chains.........LOL

:bubbakevin:bubba

·
truckn'
1,720 Posts
most GN setups ive seen dont have chain hooks but the trailers do.(kinda dumb if you ask me) I like mine tho, they pop up when needed and fit very nicely in the runners of the cheapo plastic bedliner i have..I cant really tell from the picture, but maybe if you got some D rings that have screws on the flat part, maybe you could us that somehow? Hard to tell without looking closely at the hole sizes and stuff.

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts

·
King Of Farts
104 Posts
Looks like you're supposed to stick the chain links in those slots and put a pin through the link to hold it. Seems kinda goofy, but that's how it looks. I guess if your chain links are too big you have to get one of those optional chain bracket kits.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts