The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well not sure if at all normal or not but i am having trouble gettin a good launch from the line. all i do is dump smoke and then the truck will take off i let the clutch out till the drive line tightens up the dump clutch and mat the pedal??? ANY HELP WOULD SURE BE GREAT THANKS GRIFF

·
3,514 Posts
Does this always happen? or can you narrow it down to specific times. Is it only on a hard launch or anytime you are leaving the line? What kind of boost pressure are you seeing? Have you noticed any increased lag between shifts or anything of that nature?
Sean

·
2nd Gen Guru
2,641 Posts
So like you after hard launches...

But I know what your fiughting... It's the Torque Management. In 1st and 2nd gear torque management is in effect and it de-fuels the launch to keep you from snapping driveline parts..

Stick around someone will know a programmer or a exhancement box that removes the torque management... I'm thinking Edge Drag Comp... But I'm not sure...

Let me move you over to the 24V performance forum and some will find you a answer...

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it always does it soft or hard launch. i have to ease out the clutch and slowly push the gas pedal to have no smoke on any take off. well into the peal i get max of 41 pounds of boost. I just can't spool any boost fast enough in any gear to have a good take off even from a rolling start. i have to have high rmps then take off??? thanks for helipn me on this

1 - 4 of 4 Posts