The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like it says, who has one and what are you running in it. Not sure if I want two tens or a 12 or 13. Let me know the factory system is gettin a little old.

·
477 Posts
I have an spl2Kbox that specifically built for our superduties that goes behind the rear seat. He makes them for all model years with or without the rear power slider. He has won many trophies and has been building these boxes for a years. He even has a superduty. He built mine and I was able to use jl audio's shallow air sub 13TW5 and this thing pounds. His name is Michael and you can find him at www.spl2k.com or 928-680-6868. Tell him Jason from Orlando referred ya. Great price and it's a great product.

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats the guy ive been looking for, What deck you running and amp combo. I went from two l7's with a jl 1000x1 to this stock system and im missing the old one.

·
477 Posts
factory Nav (honestly, this thing rocks), JL audio Clean sweep, Jl audio HD 900/5 Amp, JL 13TW5 Sub, SPL2box, Focal 165 KRX2 and Focal KR2, entire front doors and rear wall are covered with dynamat extreme

·
477 Posts
JL audio Clean sweep was to flatten the signal from the factory nav and then uses RCA's out puts to run rca's to the amp.

·
194 Posts
VRSC Nice 2011. Wish i had one. I test drove one the other day and not too shabby. Makes me wanna get a new truck:swear. I'm about to get this box and do a similar set up as mentioned. I want to use the factory six disc cd changer though. Will that JL audio Clean sweep work and is there a website you recommend.

·
194 Posts
Sorry i hope that i didin't just hijack this thread. But from what little research i just did the name of it for the factory stereo set up is "jl audio cleansweep cl441dsp." Its 299.99 at crutchfield.com.

·
477 Posts
no worries guys.....I've done plenty of research about this setup since this is the first time I've never kept my stock head unit (always went the aftermarket route, but this Navi is amazing) and any sound processor is better than a simple LOC (line out convertor). There are more expensive/better sound processors out there (audison bit one) but honestly I didn't feel the need to tweak my the eq that often to render the $900 price tag and hours of install and then more hours of tweaking/adjusting for the audison bit one

jl audio cl441dsp
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/products_cleansweep_pages.php?page_id=79

Reactions: DragStriptoMudPit

·
477 Posts
Sorry i hope that i didin't just hijack this thread. But from what little research i just did the name of it for the factory stereo set up is "jl audio cleansweep cl441dsp." Its 299.99 at crutchfield.com.
ha, yep just answered it

·
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Ok so this is whats gonna happen, 2 kenwood flat 12" in a fiberglass box with a 150x4 and a 1000x1 amps. Pioneer z110 deck with sirius and with new seprates front and rear. New viper alarm with iphone app. Then 10 in alpine flipdown screen.

·
194 Posts
Sounds like a pretty nice set up AP Diesel. I just ordered the 13" box from
spl2k.com. Ordering a JL 13TW5 here soon to go along with it and the JL 250/1 amp. Also going to get a pioneer head unit but I can't remember the model number right now. It'll be a few weeks before I have it all installed though as my truck is going in the shop soon for the new lift, tires, wheels, traction bars, and exaust. After that gets done and I get it all installed i'll post pics and tell you guys what I think. For now though i'm keeping the factory door speakers:damnit

·
477 Posts
Sounds like a pretty nice set up AP Diesel. I just ordered the 13" box from
spl2k.com. Ordering a JL 13TW5 here soon to go along with it and the JL 250/1 amp. Also going to get a pioneer head unit but I can't remember the model number right now. It'll be a few weeks before I have it all installed though as my truck is going in the shop soon for the new lift, tires, wheels, traction bars, and exaust. After that gets done and I get it all installed i'll post pics and tell you guys what I think. For now though i'm keeping the factory door speakers:damnit

Some advice! The JL sub can take up to 600 watts. I would honestly get
the 500/1 instead.

·
194 Posts
Funny thing is that i'm not going with the JL13TW5 and JL 250/1. Instead i'm going with the Pioneer TS-SW3041D sub and a pioneer amp. I know its not the best set up but for the difference in cost I don't mind. I already changed my order for the 13" box to the 12" box. I'm sure i'm going to get:bash for this but its my money so :nunu:

·
477 Posts
No worries, that'll still sound great.

·
Team White
727 Posts
how are you guys getting a hold of the spl2k guy? I have emailed him so many times and he never responds.

·
194 Posts
I just bought the 12" sealed box from him. Emailed him. Got a reply back the next day. He just shipped it today. TooK only a couple of days from start to finish and he gave me some advice on my system setup. I'm sure he's just been busy. Good guy and quick respomses with me and I asked a lot of questions. Hope this helps with your patience. Ill let ya know on the build quality of my box too when I get it and post some pics

1 - 20 of 37 Posts