The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I added this Sub Woofer behind the rear seat of my truck and was supprised how much it added to the bottom end. If your looking for a little extra thump for the factory system this ones not to bad. I paid $119 for mine new.
if you pull the step plates at the rear doors the rear speaker wires are there and you can connect to them so you dont have to remove the rear inside piller covers. if your into "high end' audio equipment this might not be for you. I now have $150 dollars (also added pioneer 6X8s in the front doors) in my system and it sounds a lot better than it did stock.

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
That's good to know. I am not in high end stereo but I do want more. Do you are still running the stock had unit?

·
528 Posts
I have the stock head unit in mine. I have an Alpine linear sub system behind the seat with Alpine 6x8 front and rear with Alpine amp. About $500 for all of it. Just have to use line level inputs to get your signals.

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes, I do still have the stock head unit. I forgot...I also added the PIE aux port to my head unit so the AUX button is now active....I've had it for 3years and it works like a charm. http://www.pie.net/index.htm all models are diff so you have to match your head unit to the auc port.

·
Contain the BTU's...
650 Posts
This option provides outstanding sound, However, you will loose all the storage behind the seat. Purchased mine about 3yrs ago, to date I've installed several for other folks as well.

www.spl2k.com/superduty112.html

:txflag

Wekiwa

·
345 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
57 Posts
Wekiwa, Looks great! Very similar to what I put in my truck.....mine doesnt have the little part on the lower left side of the box though....I put a Pioneer Premier 12' low pro it sounds great and my amp is on the back of the seat on the psngr side of the back seat. Also I imagine the JL would sound better though and as far as the trimming I just took out the carpeted piece behind my seat because in a few years when I got to sell the buyer might not like that too much and I never see it so....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts