The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do they come with a converter or do u have to purchase seperatly. my tranny is not liking the chip i put in, i think i may have hurt it :-\. what are u guys running for upgraded trannys?

·
4,024 Posts
There are many good tranies out there my personal choice is the BTS from all I've read plus they are close and I'm gonna watch them build and install it.

:popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
Power Stroke said:
do they come with a converter or do u have to purchase seperatly. my tranny is not liking the chip i put in, i think i may have hurt it :-\. what are u guys running for upgraded trannys?
If you think you have already hurt the trans you will want to get one that is built up or an extreme rebuild kit if you are interested in doing it yourself. If the trans has had an easy life you can get away w/ doing a valve body upgrade and a Torque convertor and it should hold up pretty good.

Would you do the install yourself? If not I would call around to Suncoast or whoevers trans you decide to go w/ and find an installer that is close by. Let me know if I can help.

Dave

·
Slow 6.0
1,554 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the tranny itself seems to be in great shape, it shifts a lot nicer then other 99+s ive been in. the converter however is junk, it will slip during shifts or if i stage it for to long, either way the OD light flashes, probably a code for converter slippage. how much is a converter and valve body?

·
Supporting Vendor
484 Posts
Power Stroke said:
the tranny itself seems to be in great shape, it shifts a lot nicer then other 99+s ive been in. the converter however is junk, it will slip during shifts or if i stage it for to long, either way the OD light flashes, probably a code for converter slippage. how much is a converter and valve body?

Sent you a PM.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts