The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was cruising yesterday 65 along with a/c on and heard a loud pop like a tire blew but checked around no dice or sound of a shredded tire. Thought maybe I had hit something in front but didn't see any damage. Thought I was in the clear until today I found the problem...

The sunroof ....:doh::confused: Anyone else even see this before? Possible cabin pressure??? The dealer said they have never seen the sunroof blow out but plenty of side and rear windows due to door slamming.

·
Diesel Addict
252 Posts
:eek: I know quite a few people with sunroof's and never have never seen anything like that happen before. Hopefully you get it fixed and it won't happen again.

·
I like Pretty Girls!
1,332 Posts
thats crazy!!! not sure how it took you a day to find that?? lol

·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
WOW, thats nuts!! Have you done anything to the vents behind the back seats that vent the cabin pressure? Though... it would take a LOT to break that glass. Not even sure if it's possible, especially just going down the road. No door slamming or anything.
No haven't touched a thing on the vents. Never slam it.

Hopefully it can get fixed quickly im already missing it haha.

·
1,606 Posts
Are they covering it under warranty?

·
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Are they covering it under warranty?
I am unsure. The service rep who helped me also had to bring out everybody else to ask if they have ever seen this before etc & what happened. It didnt look like this gigantic hole until they started to mess with it / remove it i guess.

Said they had to submit pictures to ford to see what to do next:thumbdown

·
2,821 Posts
Unless the body flexed enough to twist the glass?

·
Registered
6 Posts
i do auto glass. Your sun roof is made of tempered glass that is only broken by sharp objects or extreme pressures like an accident. More than likely something like a rock or something else hit your sun roof. By the way someone is being less than truthfull if they say slaming a door has broken a door glass out. You cannot generate enough air pressure in that huge of a cabin.

·
R.I.P. DAD
3,800 Posts
I vote rock tossed from another tire.

·
1,606 Posts

·
1,415 Posts
i have never seen that thats impressive, i have been worried about that happening bc i throw lots of rocks on the roof when mudding.

·
5,365 Posts
either that glass was BINDING or something hit it.

·
Born in the USA
2,651 Posts
:whs that is amazing!

·
248 Posts
I had a 2006 Cadillac STS that the rear windows blew out twice on me for no reason; I'm talking completely shattered to a million pieces. Cadillac later did a recall on the rear window. In your case I’m guessing something hit it though.

·
7.3 addict
644 Posts
i do auto glass. Your sun roof is made of tempered glass that is only broken by sharp objects or extreme pressures like an accident. More than likely something like a rock or something else hit your sun roof. By the way someone is being less than truthfull if they say slaming a door has broken a door glass out. You cannot generate enough air pressure in that huge of a cabin.

just what I was thinking!

1 - 20 of 35 Posts