The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was out golfing with some buddy's. My one friend has the Bonneville and has been bragging since the day he bought it about how fast it was. Back in the clube house I ask him if he wants to race my truck. The whole no compition comes out of his lips and it's on. He leaves the parking lot first and turns the corner and let's her rip. He slows down and waves me to get in the other lane I get beside him and both get floored. I my truck boost and start pulling away. He let's off it because he could keep up. We get to the bar we were going to and all he claims it that the car down shifted and reved to high and that's why he let off it. Still talks about how fast his car is. I just don't listen to him anymore.

·
979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That supercharged 3.8 just isn't as fast as every one thinks. They are fast but not compared to the new generation of diesel engines. Most gas driving guys think of a diesel truck as an old stinky slow farm truck., I read an article somewhere that stated the diesel truck is becoming like the muscle car of the 60's.

·
Quest for 13s on 35s!!
190 Posts
Hope you guys never meet up with Grand Prix!! Dont know many guys on here that would beat it!! Best pass was a [email protected]

Those 3.8s respond very well to mods.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
so do [email protected] i suppose everything is the same, its all resistance/aerodynamics, air, and fuel.....and for some, lost traction!!:) (me) lol

JR

1 - 5 of 5 Posts