The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an 04 f350 with tranny issues!!!!! someone please steer me in the right direction!!! So i got a nice rebuilt 6.0 thats been bullet proofed ,along with a good running tranny.. I took out my original motor and trans and threw in this better one... started right up first time.... but when i got on the road to do my first road test, i have no 1st 2nd 3rd gear and no reverse ....it takes off in drive or i guess it would be 4th gear... oh ya, and it doesn't go into over drive, and the tow haul light flashes constantly... the tranny DOESNT over heat, and the gauge reads normal....my friend suggested that i either missed a connnection on the tranny when we installed it but I've checked it several times and everything looks right...fluids at the right mark....on the first test , when i went to turn around ,i put it in reverse and it felt really weird because the gas peddle went dead when the shifter was put in reverse, couldn't rev the motor or anything...back to normal throttle in park , neutral and the gears.. the next day it was back to normal throttle... does anyone think that maybe i got an electrical connection dirty with grease or something??? i have my old motor and tranny still, should i pull the new one out , even though it ran great before the install, and put my old one in??? heeeelp!!!!

1 - 1 of 1 Posts