The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you have to drop the pan to replace the external trann filter? I'm pretty sure the answer is no but I want to make sure. I remember reading the answer on go go or the org or here but I can't remember....too many damn forums. lol I just got the filter today as recommended by Mark K. and wanna save some money and do it myself. thanks guys.

·
793 Posts
Nope you don't need to drop the pan to do the external filter, it's up front by on the passenger side little canister just follow the lines from the transmission.

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
great. thanks guys. The tranny guy talked to his 'tech line' in regards to the torqshift and they recommend he change out something with the initials E something M. I can't remember what it's called but it starts with an E and ends with module I believe. It's $168 bucks if that helps. This guy is great, he is gonna order it without me paying for it, put it in, if it doens't work he's not gonna charge me then we'll go from there. If it does work, then he'll charge the 168 plus labor. He said "I only charge you if I fix your transmission." So, it will probably be done on tuesday and he'll swap out the toilet paper roll then also.

·
793 Posts
Dont know what E and M is but hopefully it fixes your problem, so what is your transmission doing:shrug:

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
sure you dont just need a transgo shift correction kit...thats whats supposed to fix that problem...can order it from suncoast for round 50 bucks...but you do have to drop the tranny to install it

·
793 Posts
ouch no good delayed shifts from p to r to d are not the best thing to have happen, hope it works out for ya:popcorn:

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
if this part doesn't fix it, I don't have to pay, only the labor. Then he'll probably put in a new tr sensor. One part at a time though, of course.

·
Suck,Squish,Bang,Blow
650 Posts
sounds like a PC-A solenoid. If that doesn't help it your going to be pulling the trans!!

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
StuckinMud said:
sounds like a PC-A solenoid. If that doesn't help it your going to be pulling the trans!!
Do you have a background in transmissions or the torqshift? or did you have this same delay and that is what fixed yours...?

·
2,951 Posts
darsey, Did you take the tune off yet to see if it goes away, Mine had the same problem with dfuser's tune. Until I took it off then it went away:shrug: .

Lonnie

·
506 Posts
i thought there was a reflash that fixed this problem on the 03's and 04's...

·
45 Posts
Sorry To Hear About Your Problem, Hope That Part Fixes Your Delayed Shifts From P-r-d, I Can Tell U My Experience With The Exact Same Issues, It Was The Trans Selinoids Acting Like Magnets Picking Up All The Clutch Material, My Direct Drive And A Couple Others Were Toast After 50,00o Mi Running The Banks 6-gun And Speed-loader, Needless To Say I Now Have A $650 Gauge Controler(six-gun) And Sct From Spartan For Tunes And Tranny Control And A Rebuilt Tranny @74,000mi. Good Luck Dont Mean To Scare Ya Hope Its Just The Part U Described.

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
07six-o said:
darsey, Did you take the tune off yet to see if it goes away, Mine had the same problem with dfuser's tune. Until I took it off then it went away:shrug: .

Lonnie
It got a little bit better after going back to stock but bill's tunes are not the issue. Lookin' forward to get this taken care of so I can run his and eric's tunes again and buy some more from other tuners. I don't know how you guys out there drive stock trucks....life is too short to drive a stock tuned truck. At least need some tranny tuning. my goodness this thing is a slug without a tune. lol

·
778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Z-MAN said:
Sorry To Hear About Your Problem, Hope That Part Fixes Your Delayed Shifts From P-r-d, I Can Tell U My Experience With The Exact Same Issues, It Was The Trans Selinoids Acting Like Magnets Picking Up All The Clutch Material, My Direct Drive And A Couple Others Were Toast After 50,00o Mi Running The Banks 6-gun And Speed-loader, Needless To Say I Now Have A $650 Gauge Controler(six-gun) And Sct From Spartan For Tunes And Tranny Control And A Rebuilt Tranny @74,000mi. Good Luck Dont Mean To Scare Ya Hope Its Just The Part U Described.
thanks for your input zman. Did you have your tow/haul flashing? I don't have any codes so it's one part at a time. need a freaking code! me--->>:poke: <---code.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
darsey...now your adding issues your trans is doing! LOL what ALL exactly is it doing??

if your just having some delay in going from PRD then its probably the case lug thing, which this would fix

http://www.suncoastconverters.com/ford/ford_product.html
but you do have to drop the trans to instal it because it goes in the pump.

if your towhaul keeps flashing and your factory trans temp gauge shows your overheated, its a little $75 sensor in the trans pan and all you gotta do is drain the fluid, drop the pan, pull the old one out, reverse steps...

if you floor it and your trans has a delay in shifting long after the relearning process of new tunes, you probably have clutch slippage...eventually you will barely be able to get your truck to move without revving up (I know!) alone with Zman, i used to run banks six gun on level 6 all the time, nice power, just no trans tuning and using that along with propane for a while really hurt my trans, i switched to SCT and it bandadied it for bout a year or so and then it took a crap...been running my trans now for 6 or so months, drag raced, sled pulled, heavy towing, etc. no issues...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts