The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I asked this in the chip/tuner forum also. Is it safe for my truck to use the Hi Performance tune since I dont ever haul anything???

·
Diesel Pro
899 Posts
Ya you shouldnt have any problem if your not pulling anything. Just watch your guages. I ran my buddie for a few days and the egt's never got hot so you should be ok. It still sucks compared to my DP-Tuner though.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Macktruckdriver said:
Ya you shouldnt have any problem if your not pulling anything. Just watch your guages. I ran my buddie for a few days and the egt's never got hot so you should be ok. It still sucks compared to my DP-Tuner though.
i know but it came with the truck when i got it so... You know..

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
ya i got my truck with the old style 1705 tuner it was an old one they were only 60 and 80 hp tuners at first then the newer ones wer 60 80 100 hp still junk sell it and get a dptuner

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the hi perf. 80hp tune on the superchip, believe it or not but it smooths my tranny out an it will smoke the tires!

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
get a dp tuner and youll have to buy tires its night and day different i cant stress that enof

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
brentos said:
yep if your not wanting anything more out of your truck stick with it. My dad has had one on his 02 that is a work truck for over 150k and never had a single motor problem.
thats true for someone just wanting a little more out of there truck superchips edge hypertct there all ok but they are a cookie cutter program imho

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would keep my superchip if i knew for a fact i could run the high performance tune(80hp) all the time with no damage to my truck.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
cumminsdieselfr said:
I would keep my superchip if i knew for a fact i could run the high performance tune(80hp) all the time with no damage to my truck.
Meow...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Meow?? I aint goin to junk a 97 obs 7.3 in excellent condition just so i can impress my friends!!!

·
I Wanna Go Fast!
4,006 Posts
you can run it on 80 hp tune no probs. My dad always keeps his on the 65 since is towing all the time and let me tell you its probably good that he doesnt have gauges because i would hate to see his egts some times his truck gets beet on pretty hard.
And i will agree im sure it is night and day differece between dp and the others just like the sct on the 6.0 but if he doesnt want anything more why spend the money.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I also wouldnt think it would hurt anything since no towing is involved. I DONT like the 50hp an 40hp tunes cuz my tranny doesnt like them!!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
cumminsdieselfr said:
Meow?? I aint goin to junk a 97 obs 7.3 in excellent condition just so i can impress my friends!!!
Who said anything about impressing anybody:shrug:

·
Registered
7 Posts
I pull my 20 foot stock trailer on the hi performance and have never had any touble.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I will probably just run it then i guess...

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
CUMMINZFREAK said:
I pull my 20 foot stock trailer on the hi performance and have never had any touble.
I would lose the k&n if i were an get a afe stage 2, but that is totally my opinion!! I put the afe on my 97 an its just awesome.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts