The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 4x4 crewcab F250 PSD with an K&N intake,ATS compressor
housing,BBH ,ITP regulater and 4inch turbo back ex. with a superchip tuner.
It is set on Hi Perf. tow My ? is will I be alright hauling a 1900lb lance
camper and towing a 1250lb trailer with 3 quad weighting 600lbs each
and camping gear with 2 people in truck I don't have the gauges YET
due to the $ . Has anyone with gauges towed this much or more
will I be OK in this mode
Thank you

·
1,726 Posts
I would think so. Doesn't it say towing like 6,000 lbs or less for the hi perf tow?
Superchips stuff is typically very conservative progaming.

I had a Superchips 1705 on my OBS 7.3 for a while. I could run it in the race setting or what ever the highest was without problems towing. However that is a totaly different scenario because my truck had much smaller injectors than yours.

·
6,337 Posts
Here is a pic of a superchips, post turbo pyro and a 8k load...

Attachments

·
1,726 Posts
circle5 said:
and that is what Joe?
I'm not Joe but thats a melted piston.

Always good to stay on the safe side until you get a pre-turbo pyrometer!

·
Registered
596 Posts
I wouldn't run a superchips off the shelf tune period, and I certainly wouldn't run it without gauges. I don't like the method superchips uses to get more HP, it's easy but can have very bad after-affects and you won't know you've had a problem until it's too late without gauges.

I installed gauges on my truck as the first mod, before ANY thing had been done to the engine (including the first oil change :) ). Having a little less power for one trip is better than melting a piston. I'd wait for gauges to be on the safe side.

·
6,337 Posts
circle5 said:
and that is what Joe?
Thats the #7 piston out of my 99 from running a superchips tuner, a 8k load and a post turbo pyro with a 1100 red line...

·
TDG MAFIA #94
519 Posts
you should be fine, but if you wanna be safe just turn it down untill you get guages.

Strokin

·
78 Posts
I have towed a trailer with three bikes and four quads with a completely full bed for multiple long trips and it did just fine towing and have not had any problems with it. I even added an edge box with intake and a straight pipe.

·
Gas No Way
29 Posts
If you have the gauges , then it will be ok , I have a 10.5 foot camper 3200 lbs. and have towed a trailer about 3500 lbs to Eastern Washington over 2 passes. Watch the pyro its your best friend when running any chip. It would get up to 1100 at 65 mpg up the big hills but on the flats always fine. Good luck :popcorn:

·
16 Posts
tow a 9000 lbs trlr with my superchip in hi perf and my edge juice on 4(race) all the time, egt's around 900 to 1150 when climbing a grade.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts