The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a superchip tuner and I really like it. On high-perfromance it will really let the smoke fly:evil: In Towing mode it blows a little which I expected, but it is blowing black smoke in economy. Not near as much as high-performance but almost as much as towing. Is this normal???

·
172 Posts
which superchips tuner do you have? I have the 1805 Flashpaq and I can't get it to smoke even if I try on the Econo Tune.

However, when I bump it up to Performance Tune it's like Black COAL coming out of there!!!

:sly:

·
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ebusa said:
which superchips tuner do you have? I have the 1805 Flashpaq and I can't get it to smoke even if I try on the Econo Tune.

However, when I bump it up to Performance Tune it's like Black COAL coming out of there!!!

:sly:
I have the 1704 Microtuner. But it was very cold outside if that means anything:shrug:

·
2,035 Posts
I used to have that tuner. On the Economy and Performance it will smoke. It won't smoke much on towing.

It's a descent tuner, but doesn't put up the numbers of the SCT. I still have mine...tried the SCT just to see what it would do and haven't looked back since.

On a side note my dad has the Superchips in his truck and I have the SCT. We ran for a second with each other one day...wasn't pretty...I was pulling him hard and he had stock size tires while I'm rolling on 35's.

Also the SCT gives much better mileage IMO. The other day we both left to head up to our camp. Both running on our Performance tunes. I am running 35's and he is running 33's. I made it all the way to the camp with a little under a 1/4 of a tank left...he had to stop and get more gas about 20-30 minutes before we got there...

·
Registered
16 Posts
HD-F250, I'm just curious what your exact economy numbers are while running the SCT? Who's tunes are you running?

·
Registered
65 Posts
in interested in that info also HD.

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
We are running Dj's Looney tune 100% of the time and we get about 14.5 with a 4.10 gears and a big dually.

·
2,035 Posts
dc3655 said:
HD-F250, I'm just curious what your exact economy numbers are while running the SCT? Who's tunes are you running?
I flip back and forth between Doug and DJ's tunes. I run race tunes 100% of the time because they give better mileage and power. With both race tunes I have seen 18MPG (sometimes a little better) doing 55MPH steady. On the interstate doing about 80-90MPH I get an astounding 16MPG, which really impressed me...

I have an F-250 with 3.73 gears, 4" lift, and 35" tires...

·
Registered
65 Posts
you have the exact same setup as I do HD..... hopefully I"ll be able to see 16 in the city on my looney tune...... maybe when it warms up.

·
2,035 Posts
Hopefully so...it varies from truck to truck. Most people on the race tunes that I know get between 15-16MPG in town...the ones that drive like bats out of hell have been known to get a little less than that though...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I've been taken it fairly easy and the best I've seen so far (last week when it was warmer) was 13.5. This week, I"m only seeing about 12.2...... I"m startin to worry. I bought my chip, intake, and exhaust to help my fuel mileage a bit, but I really haven't seen a sig. increase yet.

·
2,035 Posts
There is one big variable in there...what chip or tuner are you using?

When I was using a Diablo Predator on the race mode my mileage was less than stock...with the SCT on race mode my mileage is much better than stock...

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm running the SCT with DJs tunes.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts