The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just switched my truck from the Economy mode to the Performance mode last night and it feels way slower now. Has anyone ever had this happen to them???

I know I am setting myself up for a ton of upgrade rips here.....but the thing felt fast when I first put the Econ one in, I really hope its not just me gettng used to it!

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
You hit the nail on the head...
the diff between a stock engine and ANY tuned engine is stunning... even 40 hp....

so the change from the economy tune to the "performance" tune on the superchip is minimal....

IIRC the dyno numbers on the Superchip were only in the 90 hp range even though they advertised at 150hp....

·
793 Posts
Way back when I had the Superchips programmer in my truck I noticed the economy tune pulled way harder on the bottom end but when the truck got going the performance program pulled harder, go figure.

·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the replys guys. The other thing I noticed in the light yesterday was the tons of black smoke its putting out now...way more than in the econ tune. Before the turbo spools up it really throws it out there. After the turbo gets going it chills out some.

·
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I switched it back to the Econ tune. It really pulls this way from the line to 80 and gives off less black smoke, when I dont want it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts