The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I am looking for information for my 2005 F750. I am building it into a pickup truck. It was previously started by the original owner. It has a bed on it already. I would like to lift the suspension as the front stock hight looks to low in comparison to the rear. If I put the rear axle below the leafs in the rear I will gain 9". Then I can have leafs made to raise the front 9". The only problem I haven't figured out is the drag link is going to need a offset for the pitman to steering arm connection. Can I just lengthen and make a offset draglink, or is there a other option? Will a offset draglink work properly? This front axle has a 10000# axle. Any info would be great. Thanks.

·
3,051 Posts
In almost all cases when lifting the front suspension beyond just a few inches, you will need a drop down pitman arm for the steering box. With this in place it will maintain the steering angles for the drag link system. And if you go really high on the lift, which 9in may qualify, then a crossover steering setup may be needed. Suggest checking out Icon
http://www.iconvehicledynamics.com/, or give them a call.

Harry

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
With this truck being a medium duty 30000 GVW truck there is no designed lift kits or parts. Everything seems to be custom. The steering box shaft to piman arm is horizontal. I have found through Marmon Herrington a 4 wheel drive upfitter, I can buy a steering arm that turns up instead of the factory turn down. Then according to them I will need to cut my stock drag link, rotate it 180° from stock and sleeve and weld it back together.

·
3,051 Posts
Thank you for educating me. I didn't realize the steering system was completely different than our regular superduty trucks. It's possible that Icon may know of, or be able to direct you towards the right resources for your project. But ultimately, it sounds like it will be a custom fabricated setup either way. Good luck on your project.

Harry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts