The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i know there is lots of them out there and so i just want some input, i have a 97 PSD auto 4x4, my buddy has a 2002 cummins 6spd man, 4x4,

he got hit the other day and the truck i a possible total loss, the cab is screwed pretty bad, I am thinking of buying it back from his insurance for a cummins ford swap, what do you guys reccomend, is the 02 a good choice to go with? i wanna obviously make more power and try to get better economy or else there would be no reason to even do it. i like the 6spd option, is this the trans to go with? mine has 224k on it, his has 110k so he is quite a bit younger, its all stock and ran great. for those who have done it please give your .02 and give me tips!

·
6,337 Posts
2002 is nothing special, standard 24v with the VP44... If you can get it cheap then go for it, if not I would look for a 12v or a CR...

·
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well its one of those things i would do just because i can possibly get it cheap and i get the whole thing so theres no parts hunting

·
454 Posts
2002 is nothing special, standard 24v with the VP44... If you can get it cheap then go for it, if not I would look for a 12v or a CR...
Heck I would get it anyways and P-PUMP the B__CH. Hearing a lot of good things about 24v's with the P7100 injection pump mated to it.

·
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
still waiting to hear if its a total

·
TDG Mafia - Booze Runner
3,705 Posts
Shoot go for it!!! You will love it! Talk to Destoroked about the mounting adapters and such, then slap a TST Powermax with an R45 remote on it and keep on building... Good luck I hope it works out for you.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts