The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys im relativly new to diesel and right now i have a 2002 2500hd gas truc with the 6.0 vortec gas motor in it. i need HELP. im planning on doing a swap with in the next month or so with the lbz duramax in in my truck i need to know if the lbz and allison trans will go striaght into the 6.0 motor mounts and trans mounts. Thanks alot Dennis

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
No, the mounts are different.

·
Gone Fishin...
3,099 Posts
Of course. You could buy the factory mounts and weld them in.

I appreciate your enthusiam, but to be very honest with you, with everything you will need to do to finish this project, you would be WAY better off just selling the truck you have now and buying a factory diesel. Sorry.

Reactions: chev25hd

·
3,939 Posts
Motor mounts are the easy part. Buy the frame perches for a Dmax, and bolt it all together.

Your trouble is going to come from the differing years of your truck and the LBZ (LBZ is an 06-07 motor). The electrical architecture is completely different between the years (changed in 2003 and revised in 2006), and the swap will be tough to do because of it. We're talking EVERYTHING, right down to the connectors and fuse panels were changed. If you were starting with a 2003-up truck, then the swap would be relatively painless.

The only real way to do this swap into your 2002 would be to find a 2003-up donor truck with the same body style and swap everything, underhood, interior wiring/dash/hvac, etc from one to the other.

Now, an LB7 would swap right over. Wiring harness would have to be from a 2001 or 2002 truck, though. Depends on the year engine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts