The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So the other day a buddy of mine got a chip of some sort for his 1996 psd and he took out his edge programmer and let me borrow it. so im driving down the road and a little ricer of some sort pulls up next to me at a stop light. next thing you know 3rd gear is f**** up and i was wondering what i would need to go from the five speed to a six speed truck is a 1994.5 psd 4X4. if you guys could help me out i would much appreciate it

·
812 Posts
i have heard that you will need the trans, transfer case, and have to lengthen and shorten your drive shafts.

·
2,509 Posts
I looked into it a little last year. you would need a differant clutch, adapter plate on the back of the engine, an oil cooler, plus all the stuff mentioned above.

I think that was the jist of it but I'm shure there would be all few more odds and ends.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mk well scratch that idea i heard you could get a splitter for your 5th gear is that true?

·
2,509 Posts
yea gearvendors makes one. they're a pretty slick setup, but not cheap either

·
2,509 Posts

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that looked cool i was really just wanting to split just the fifth gear is that possible

·
812 Posts
yes i belive thats what the gear vendors does, it gives you a second overdrive. a really nice option but kinda spendy

·
MAFIA MEMBER 106
2,262 Posts
no 5th only split just get the gv unit

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
so from what i understand i cant like get anything to split my overdrive i have to split all my gears?

·
2,509 Posts
anything you get will be set up to be able to split every gear, but you dont have to split them all if youdont want to.

·
TDG Singles Club #120
330 Posts
damn..... $3,000!!!!!! I still want one :(

·
204 Posts
it gives u the option to add an overdrive to any gear with the flick of a switch.

some guys just use it just to increase fuel mileage on the highway.

others use it when pulling and it makes you like a big rig with double the availible gears for shorter shifts.

I want one for highway use. gives u a higher top end and puts your operating range where your power is.

·
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
wow thats a lot of money but would be cool im thinking abt getting one

1 - 14 of 14 Posts