·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
hmmm i was gona say possibly u-joint

the only way to know is to crawl under her and take a peak

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I was also going to say U-Joint. Could even be a belt going in a tire. Rotate your tires, check for u-joint play, and inspect the carrier bearing. IF the vibration moves its a tire.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
Your rig a long box Duke? I know mine doesnt have a carrier, its direct from the t-case to the diff

·
3,533 Posts
If the steady bearing is going bad it will be turning in the rubber if it has not turned then it is OK. Personally I like to put it on stands, and check the tires for bulges, bent rims, and bearing wear, you can run it up also but gently it is not the safest thing to do. also after a drive feel you shocks if one is cold it is junk

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I have a long box. The carrier bearing kinda cracks me up, the drive shaft wobbles around in the rubber. Hard to believe that's enough to keep it steady. Shook drive shaft back at the rear u-joint. Seems tight.

·
3,533 Posts
The best way to check a "U" joint is to jack it up on one wheel, and with it in park on a manual in a low gear with your foot rock the tire back and forth, first just look at it any movement is a fail, second put your finger in the gap and feel for movement.
Works for me!

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I replaced the carrier bearing & rear ujoint at same time. Vibration is all but gone.
I think that's the first thing that wore out other than tires and truck is over 70K miles.
Still on original factory brakes. Unbelievable. Never had a truck this reliable and trouble free.
Oh, I lost a backround light in 2 of my steering wheel buttons.

·
CRAZY CANUCK
4,320 Posts
I replaced the carrier bearing & rear ujoint at same time. Vibration is all but gone.
I think that's the first thing that wore out other than tires and truck is over 70K miles.
Still on original factory brakes. Unbelievable. Never had a truck this reliable and trouble free.
Oh, I lost a backround light in 2 of my steering wheel buttons.
I lost one light in my steering wheel, It ticked me off to begin with but now i hardly even notice it:knight

·
Let it all Ride
1,316 Posts
The lights going out in the steering wheel is one of my biggest peeves. I can't stand it. In my old F250, I actually completely dimmed the dash lights so I wouldn't notice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts