The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,i am a new member to the forum,i am working on 4700-T444E engine,1998 model.when the engine is cranking is bringing slight white smoke from silenser and refuse to start,but if i use fluid to start it,it will respond almost to start but it won't start,scan for code and i got #1(PID 108 BAROMETRIC PRESSURE FMI4 VOLTAGE BELOW NORMAR OR SHORTED TO LOW VOLTAGE ACTIVE FAULT)#2(SID 254 CONTROLLER #1FMI8 ABNORMAL FREQUENCE,PULSE WIDTH OR PERIOD ACVTIVE FAULT),which componet that is gone bad indicating the code,can this code preventing the engine from starting?where in the engine i can fine the bad component causing above code,any help will be greatly appreciated..

·
Old Fart
889 Posts
You have posted this in the Ford 6.0 Power Stroke section. The codes are different as are a lot of the sensors. You will get better responses in the Medium and Heavy Duty section. My guess would be to replace the Barometric Sensor or at least check the sensor with a meter to see if it is shorted. Check the wiring going to that sensor for a short.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dbennett48,thank you very much,can those code prevent the engine not to start? have check the sensor but i can not identify the sensor and his location,where is barro sensor location on the T444E engine?help pls.

·
Old Fart
889 Posts
I have no idea about International's engines or sensors. I am trying to look at my Auto Enginuity program for the sensor location, but the program is not happy today and is not cooperating with me.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts