The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who's getting the tailgate step and grab bar with there new 6.4? Curious to see if it's going to be worth the extra money and would like some others thoughts on the topic.

Thanks,
--
JugsReturn

·
Diesel Enthusiast
234 Posts
Here is a thought, I wonder if that tailgate can be put on older trucks, my father has a 2002 that sure would benefit from it. Maybe some day I can get one out of a salvage yard, hate to see what Ford would want for the entire tailgate by itself.

·
191 Posts
local dealer told me that they were not shipping any trucks with the step, I guess this isnt true, you guys like them? The local dealer was trying to get me to not get it, they didnt like it at dealer training, but I just priced one from randy and he never said anything about there being a hold on the trucks with it.

·
2,126 Posts
I think it does make the tailgate heavier. But ALL the 08's at a local dealer (like 5) have the tailgate steps so i haven't been able to see how heavy they are without. They do work very well, if you are getting an F-450 make sure to get it, because even with the step it was a ways up into that bed!

·
2,126 Posts
The assist is nice, but you can still tell the tailgate is heavy. Do you know what it weighs without?

·
Registered
185 Posts
I got one on my truck and it didnt bolt directly up. The side that is a hollow circle on the old ones is not hollow on the new ones. There is a bar behind it you will see and know what im talking about that you need to cut with a sawzall and knock it out and then it will be hollow and go rights on.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Smokin7.3 said:
I got one on my truck and it didnt bolt directly up. The side that is a hollow circle on the old ones is not hollow on the new ones. There is a bar behind it you will see and know what im talking about that you need to cut with a sawzall and knock it out and then it will be hollow and go rights on.
got pics?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts