The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i tried the torx bit an chisel thing and cant get it off im afraid of breaking it how can i do this

·
Registered
964 Posts
Break it off! When you remove the plate you can grab it with some vise grips!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
:whs You should replace it anyways so just chisel it off

·
4,827 Posts
dangerous196 said:
Break it off! When you remove the plate you can grab it with some vise grips!
I wound up doing that to mine.

·
riding in the dirty dozen
184 Posts
ugh yeah there a pain in the butt. i tried every thing torx...hacksaw,screwdriver,chisle, everything i finally just got pissed and started beating away at it with the chisle and i thought i saw it move...then i did it again and it did thats about when i started to cry from the pure enjoyment of what was about to become a 4lane blackout machine!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
what size bolt is it

·
4,827 Posts
M6 x 1.0 thread. Top 2 can be 16 or 18 mm long (if 18 use the stock 2 washers to avoid bottoming out), bottom 2 with the fuel solenoid bracket are 25 mm long.

·
riding in the dirty dozen
184 Posts
i just went up to ace hardware and matched the treads and length....pretty simple

·
Tebow-in'...
1,243 Posts
i drilled out the center and tried a few different sizes of torx bits - it either didn't grab or would twist the torx bit. so i chiseled in a "slot" and used a hand impact - that worked!! :woot:

since it was twisting my torx bits i was worried about not being able to break it free if i broke the head off, as i didn't know how much bolt would be there to grab when i removed the afc housing. :shrug:

sounds like you can't go wrong. :poke:

·
Registered
15 Posts
Ya pretty easy I thought as well until I broke it off with the chisel pulled the AFC and the bolt had broken off below the top of the pump housing needless to say it is held on with three bolts now........... but it doesn't leak so good to go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts