The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just as the title says I have a problem. Tried my hand at the torque converter lockup mod. Went for a test drive and everything seemed to be doing good. On the way home from the test drive the **** hit the fan. I guess I have a short somewhere. I lost my gauges, I mean the factory even the tach, the accelerator was gone. And when in drive the converter was locked. So I got it moving somehow and then flipped it to my high idle and limped home that way.

I need help as to where to look. I can get my gauges back if I touch the wire coming from the converter to a power source. But the lights like wait to start come on and they are really weak. HELP me please. Need ideas of where to look for problems. I am gonna retrace my steps in the morning. Thanks Kyle.

·
6,337 Posts

·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was a fuse. Got it working good again now. Joe where do you have yours lock and unlock at? And do you ever get the OD light flashing?

·
6,337 Posts
Depends on what I'm doing. If I'm towing I lock it at 28, and unlock at 22. Hot rodding around town I set it around 30.
And yes the OD light flashes. There is a way to fix that. Blinky blinky gets annoying chels says...I don't mind. It's just another light on my dash! LOL

·
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How do you fix that? I was just making sure that it wasn't just my truck or nothing like that. Thanks

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Glad you got it figured out.When I 1st attempted the TC lockup mod I had smoke comeing from the passanger dash.Tapped the wrong wire on the wrong side of the tranny.

It does it cause you are doing something that the computer doesn't like.Probably knew that.As for a fix I don't know of any really.I have a TC lockup module in my garage that is made to lockup and get rid of the flashy flashy.I have had it for over 6months just never installed it.

I lock up the TC whenever the Computer doesn't want to and I do.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts