The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does any body know of a shop that will build the plumbing, oil lines and exhaust for a twin turbo setup in texas. I know they make kit's to use the stock turbo but mine has a different exhaust housing and I'm not so sure it would work. Not looking for loads of power, just over 500 would be nice. I would attempt it myself but lack the necessary tools to do so. I really don't wanna rig something up and have it look like crap either.

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
I can help you out with a few options. Fire me a PM with your #.

Keith

·
3,514 Posts
Chris at relentless does good work, but I have found that he can be hard to get a hold of. I would also try Kendrick Diesel, however I'm not exactly sure where in Texas they are located. Or Steve Rossi at performance-turbo works can probably help you out with something too. He's down in Belton(sp?).
Sean

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sstockton said:
Chris at relentless does good work, but I have found that he can be hard to get a hold of. I would also try Kendrick Diesel, however I'm not exactly sure where in Texas they are located. Or Steve Rossi at performance-turbo works can probably help you out with something too. He's down in Belton(sp?).
Sean

Do you know their phone numbers so I can get a hold of any of them?

·
3,514 Posts
I've heard of Hellman as well, just not as much, so his name didn't jump to mind. I don't know anything about really about kendrick, just that they are in Texas and make twins.

Steve's site is www.pt-motorsports.com that should have his phone and fax numbers listed. If not let me know and I can get it for you.
Sean

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
sstockton said:
I've heard of Hellman as well, just not as much, so his name didn't jump to mind. I don't know anything about really about kendrick, just that they are in Texas and make twins.

Steve's site is www.pt-motorsports.com that should have his phone and fax numbers listed. If not let me know and I can get it for you.
Sean

I went and looked at that website and saw the pro 50 turbo. It would be a small one for the twins but i think it would light up really fast. do you think that would work

·
3,514 Posts
Depends on what size injectors you are running. It may get a little hot, but I'd imagine it would work at least as well as my h2e will. H2e's aren't supposed to be that great, it was just cheap. If you talk to Steve he can probably guide you in the right direction. He may be a little hard to get a hold of this next week though, he's getting married on saturday.
Sean

·
Registered
100 Posts
http://www.sourceautomotive.biz/index.html

this might help with some of your parts. but i made what i could of mine. i modified the coolant tube under the manifold, the factory draintube, the intercooler pipe, got another draintube for the block and modified it put it ehere the freeze plug is in the bottom of the block. none of this is that hard and a whole lot cheaper then buying all the replacement parts.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
99rctd said:
http://www.sourceautomotive.biz/index.html

this might help with some of your parts. but i made what i could of mine. i modified the coolant tube under the manifold, the factory draintube, the intercooler pipe, got another draintube for the block and modified it put it ehere the freeze plug is in the bottom of the block. none of this is that hard and a whole lot cheaper then buying all the replacement parts.

Hey man what size is your HT3B and what EGT's are you seeing with your setup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Performance Diesel out of Cleveland, Tx can help.

He personally owns two custom twin 24v trucks. Quite helpful and well priced, just always busy. I have the number if anyone is interested.

·
3,514 Posts
bad_cummins said:
Yeah I would like to know the same thing. Thats the next set of twins I'm going to build myself when I'm done with this set.

I also second the fact that Rip at Sourceautomotive is an outstanding guy, only problem being that he's not in Texas, and if he doesn't have the particular exhaust housing in front of him, it may be hard to fab up a custom hot pipe.

That is what the concern was correct, that the exhaust housing was funny or different than stock or hx40 style.
Sean

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Nike said:
Performance Diesel out of Cleveland, Tx can help.

He personally owns two custom twin 24v trucks. Quite helpful and well priced, just always busy. I have the number if anyone is interested.

yeah I'd be interested in his number if he doesn't mind me calling him.

·
Registered
100 Posts
bad_cummins said:
my set came from piers a few years ago they are the towing twins. but the egts with the tst alone are crazy but with tst smarty and edge they didnt get over 1200 much. why i dont know but thats what it does.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What about with just the edge and smarty? Is the housing on the HT3B a 22cm....I think it is on those but not quite sure. Also what boost numbers are you seeing? I hate to be so nosey but I'm really trying to go off what other have seen with their setups.

·
3,514 Posts
ht3b's had several options for the ex. housing. 22cm, 26cm and 32cm. IIRC piers runs a 26cm with an hx35 in their towing twins.

As for the TST creating crazy EGT's. They are a very hot box. My friend Steve ran one stacked with a smarty and mach 5's and he said that with a Sled puller 66 smoke was very hard to control.

On another note. I asked about that pro 52 listed on Pt-motorsports website. and he said that it is too small to run on the bottom of twins, and unless you're running crazy hp power its way to big for a top.
Sean

·
191 Posts
The #1 guy in texas for diesel performance is Hamilton Diesel out of Liberty Hill, TX.

Call and talk to Zack or just leave a message at his office. His number is 512-778-6150

http://www.hamiltondiesel.com/

He is even making his own valve springs and cams. Great guy to deal with.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah that's who I bout my injectors from. It was actually at the same time he was messin with your head, I actually saw it in his shop. I've talked to him about it but he said for me to get the kit from Rip Rook....nothing agianst Rip but I really wanna do a custom set up to get the results I really want.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts