The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:thumbsup Well we had some on on the dyno yesterday with my truck:thumbsup My best run was with correction factor 677hp and 1513ft/lbs:D:D Without correction factor on that run was 624hp and 1396ft/lbs. Thank to Spartan for the tune:thumbsup:thumbsup Mods to my truck are 3" cold side intercooler, 4" turbo back exaust into 7"stack, A real good Spartan tune, Dual stage Zex and a S&B cai. We have some tweaking to do and I'm sure I'll get into the 7's.

Pics and vids will be posted soon.

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
:usflag:thumbsup

Damnit mannnnn... that thing is goin to fly! Ever get slicks?

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
On that run I believe I was using a .72 on the first stage and a .64 on the second stage. We were pressed for time and didn't do much documenting lol. We have a full day set up soon to make runs and make notes. I'm gonna install pressure gauges on the bottles and warmers. We were running low on nitrous and time. Outside temps were around 25 celcius and it was quite humid lol it was raining lol. Elevation was 2500ft.

My first run without nitrous was 540hp and 1190ft/lbs. That is way better then I did on my 275v2 last year(453hp and 945ft/lbs wcf)

·
Registered
639 Posts
Good deal....and good luck on hitting 700...I am pretty certain you will be able to on the spray.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:usflag:thumbsup

Damnit mannnnn... that thing is goin to fly! Ever get slicks?
Working on the slicks issue as well:thumbsup I was gonna swap out for 03 rear brakes so I can run a 16" rim but it won't work. I can't find any sizes I like in a 17" so my parts guy is gonna call some tire companies and see if we can get some custom tires made for a 17". I want a drag tire close to 32-33" tall, 14-15" wide on a 17" rim. There is a NHRDA race in Medicine Hat on the 18th of July I really want to enter if I find tires.

When I was on the dyno I started my run at 100km/h and buried my speedo within seconds. It was f'n fun. On the highway she pulls stupid hard. It's not hard to overpower my street tires now lol.

·
Registered
270 Posts
More spray:goodvsevil

There was a sizeable different in track times on our truck in going from a .088/.040 to a .088/.062 combination on the Zex dual stage kit.

·
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
More spray:goodvsevil

There was a sizeable different in track times on our truck in going from a .088/.040 to a .088/.062 combination on the Zex dual stage kit.
Thanks:thumbsup Yeah we didn't try that out, short on time. I think my jet choice at the track will be different then on the dyno lol as I fight for traction lol. It was a lot of fun non the less. How much spray can this tune take............ and the motor?? Thanks again everyone:happymugs:happymugs

·
248 Posts
BLAZIN

·
2,183 Posts
only 1500 torque?? lame...

·
Training Wheels King
1,301 Posts
only 1500 torque?? lame...
:kick:haha

Someone find me a black regular cab...need to downsize! My girlfriend is buying a new car so I'll have her beater and a new toy!

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
What route are you going to take for your new trans, pahrump. I'm assuming yours went out.

·
Registered
639 Posts
Mine is not "out" per say...lol....but it wont hold under power....

Which way am I going...man I dunno...probably Suncoast rebuilt kit with their converter.

Honestly the stock trans is perfectly fine IMO even all the way up to the 310 tuns...but you add in nitrous and your asking for things to break, for some odd reason the stocker wont hold 650 or so HP and 12-1500ftlb tq..lol

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
LOL ask a dodge trans to do that... in the words of aerosmith... dream on.

·
Ultra Member
652 Posts
I thought the suncoast rebuild kit would only work with a tranny that is pretty much in mint condition?

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
ITs just clutch pack upgrades, to help the slipping, his truck only has 20k or so i think he said, so the rest of it should look new.

I think im going to stick with fuel only or a small small shot of spray untill i can afford to do a trans... dealer will only warranty it so many timesLOL

1 - 20 of 34 Posts