The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, we'll start with the latest one. The folks came over and we went out to breakfast this morning. On the way back About 5 miles from my exit I come across an '08 Hemi with 2 younger guys in it. Brand new truck, tag in the window, paper dealer plates still on it. I get next to him and the driver looks over and gives me an a-hole kinda smile, the passenger waves at us, they laugh and the hemi "speeds" away. I chuckle to myself and decide to catch up, they're doing about 80 and trying to run away. It ain't happening, I get next to them, laugh...give 'em a :wave and I'm off. I run to about 90 - 95 and start to slow back down. I pass my exit and go "eh, we'll get off on sunrise" when I see the "little hemi that could" planning a fly by. I can't let it happen, I start to speed up a lil when he get to the tailgate and MASH IT!!! :roflol: Leaving these morons one last time, here comes my exit, I slow down to get off and they speed past honking and flipping us off. My dad says "what the hell was that?" my mom's in the front seat laughing "some guys were trying to race *nickname deleted*" LOL

·
Hadley Coal Roller
819 Posts
gotta love it! or i especially lvoe when you get the ****y *** in the dodge that dont have a hemi but has the smaller v8 or v6 in it and they dotn think you dont notice they dot have a badge. funny sheet right there. nice kill though :thumbsup

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A friend of mine just got an '08 with the smaller V8, he's trying to convince it that it's fast...he should know the truth though, he used to drive a PSD

·
dagon dagon!
179 Posts
sounds like my freightliner FL60 back home vs a dodge 1500, probably the 4.7L. we were at a stoplight and the passenger gives me the throttle it signal, so i gave it about half throttle and it sounded pretty good, they rev the piss out of it and i laughed a little:D, then the other light went to yellow, I put the truck in 2nd and they tried to tranny drop as the light turned green, it just bogged down and took off,:haha I dumped it, and started catching eaton gears and started to pass in 4th gear:peelout, 5th they were about a car length behind and finally 6th wasted them as I got up to about 60. I took it to the gov at 90+ on the on ramp... speedo only goes to 85:coal. then I fired up the 3 12" JBLs in the backseat to some 3 days grace :guitar

·
Dually Club #3
2,674 Posts
So, we'll start with the latest one. The folks came over and we went out to breakfast this morning. On the way back About 5 miles from my exit I come across an '08 Hemi with 2 younger guys in it. Brand new truck, tag in the window, paper dealer plates still on it. I get next to him and the driver looks over and gives me an a-hole kinda smile, the passenger waves at us, they laugh and the hemi "speeds" away. I chuckle to myself and decide to catch up, they're doing about 80 and trying to run away. It ain't happening, I get next to them, laugh...give 'em a :wave and I'm off. I run to about 90 - 95 and start to slow back down. I pass my exit and go "eh, we'll get off on sunrise" when I see the "little hemi that could" planning a fly by. I can't let it happen, I start to speed up a lil when he get to the tailgate and MASH IT!!! :roflol: Leaving these morons one last time, here comes my exit, I slow down to get off and they speed past honking and flipping us off. My dad says "what the hell was that?" my mom's in the front seat laughing "some guys were trying to race *nickname deleted*" LOL
Nice Kill!!! That section of Hwy 50 between Sunrise and Hazel is a nice straight flat stretch to open it up on. I have to say I have seen the triple digits on that freeway.:haha

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Nice Kill!!! That section of Hwy 50 between Sunrise and Hazel is a nice straight flat stretch to open it up on. I have to say I have seen the triple digits on that freeway.:haha
LOL we were coming the other way between bradshaw and sunrise. The fuzz likes to hideout heading up toward Hazel :haha

I ran a guy in a mustang on that stretch between hazel and sunrise...after I hit 95 I forgot I was racing, he was behind me somewhere :haha

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts
i can only imagine how embarrassing that nickname mustve been. I would say nice kill, but you have had so many kills its not worth it anymore. Some better advice would be to stop playing with kids. Its not cool anymore Michael, i dont care if you say that you're just snuggling...
:haha

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i can only imagine how embarrassing that nickname mustve been. I would say nice kill, but you have had so many kills its not worth it anymore. Some better advice would be to stop playing with kids. Its not cool anymore Michael, i dont care if you say that you're just snuggling...
:haha
?????

·
Mega-Member
584 Posts

Out of this giant post, why is it that the "nickname deleted" part is the most interesting to me??

Inquiring minds want to know!!

Really though, nice kill. For some reason, I never get put in a position to race someone.

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, sorry fellas, that nickname can never be revealed...especially not on the internet. :haha

·
Official blowy uppy guy.
1,546 Posts
LOL. Maybe buddy or bubba?

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
LOL. Maybe buddy or bubba?
MUWAHAHAHAHA!!! You shall never know my secret!!:haha:haha:haha It's pretty bad, my family calls me it on a daily basis. :thumbsup

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
its ok s**** you can tell em. :haha

hahaha speaking of little hemi that couldnt, i had this newer half ton pull up to me on a long onramp (like 1/2 mile long), and he started accelerating as he got next to me... well my turbo isnt the quickest to spool but no way in heck right by my house i was going to have some hemi (dont even think it was a hemi now that i think bout it, but he had K&N sticker where the badge would have been)..

long story short, turbo spooled, i shot past him, and then he got behind me.

the rest of the story was a bit of a haze for him. :haha :haha :haha

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

hahaha speaking of little hemi that couldnt, i had this newer half ton pull up to me on a long onramp (like 1/2 mile long), and he started accelerating as he got next to me... well my turbo isnt the quickest to spool but no way in heck right by my house i was going to have some hemi (dont even think it was a hemi now that i think bout it, but he had K&N sticker where the badge would have been)..

:haha That's my middle name, not my nickname you're thinking of Jeremy. LOL
"was a bit of a haze" :roflol:

·
Formerly CursedtoFirst45
1,225 Posts

is your turbo the 66mm compressor or 57?

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
is your turbo the 66mm compressor or 57?
never quite got those specs from the guy who sold it to me, though got a pretty good deal on it and he had it on a pretty similar setup... though im guessing its just a little too big for me right now..

·
I like beer.
4,301 Posts
smaller than a 57? you sure?

·
The Guy Mom Warned About
2,568 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
its smaller than that.

Garrett
That's why Jeremy's having a problem with the ladies...his "turbo" is too small :haha:haha:haha

Sorry bud, I couldn't help myself

1 - 20 of 33 Posts