The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
5,365 Posts
nice lock, but why even BOTHER w/ a key...
having to use a key means you have to at least one of the following -

turn your truck off to unlock the lock.
always have your truck keys on you.
keep an extra key w/ you.

if you loose your truck keys or their stolen, now youve lost the lock key too !

i use the "Set-your-own combination" Master Lock #175, no key required and
i can set, reset or change the 4 digit combination !

·
622 Posts

good point!

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

That's the kind of thinking that keeps everything diverse. Because different people like different things. I personally like having a keyed lock, it's easier to operate in the dark. Plus if I hand someone the key to open the gate, they don't know the combination to get back in when I'm not around.

There is nothing wrong with liking a combo lock more. It just comes down to preference. I think this is an awesome option for those who prefer the keyed lock.

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
I love this keyed alike lock to a vehicle. For instance, I would like 2 for the race trailer. Only one person needs to be inside it, and I only tow it with one vehicle. Obviously it doesn't fit all applications, just like a combo doesn't fit all applications in my opinion. I do not like combo locks on gates. Although my Dad always says "locks were made to keep your friends out". LOL

·
588 Posts
Those are cool! Only problem I forsee is if I get one for my enclosed sled trailer pulled behind my superduty, just about anyone else with a Ford key can also get in there... other than that its a unique idea! Nothing wrong with being different!

·
Registered
2,311 Posts
Great idea, one small drawback for me, We have multiple vehicles we use for towing, so we would have to carry all the keys with the trailer.

I'll try a set.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
I think its bad Arse!.

Now is it REPROGRAMMABLE? to same model new year if your swtich but stay same comparable brands?
EDIT- i see you said only once. but i think they are still worth the 27.00 if they hold up with [email protected]!

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
Those are cool! Only problem I forsee is if I get one for my enclosed sled trailer pulled behind my superduty, just about anyone else with a Ford key can also get in there... other than that its a unique idea! Nothing wrong with being different!
it programs to YOUR key just like your ignition in your steering column! First time you put your key it, it tumbles itself to your key.
http://www.stratteclock.com/how_it_works.php

·
H.O. Cummins
208 Posts
I'm liking them already , I got at least three master lock keys on my key ring and if i could replace three keys with one extra truck key i am gonna do it. sounds pretty good to me, no more trying to find matching key codes, thats the reason I have three different master lock keys to begin with

·
5,365 Posts
I think its bad Arse!.

Now is it REPROGRAMMABLE? to same model new year if your swtich but stay same comparable brands?
EDIT- i see you said only once. but i think they are still worth the 27.00 if they hold up with [email protected]!
no bill they are NOT reprogrammable - theyre keyed ONCE and thats it, you
can NOT reprogram them !

·
Administrator
12,738 Posts
If they have the same key as you, then they would just take the whole truck and trailer. :toytruck

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
It actually is set to the key that you initially use. It has thousands of possible key codes which is much more than you will get with other keyed locks. If someones key was similar enough to open the lock, it would also open the door on your truck and work in the ignition.

On Edit: Sorry for the repeated info, I guess I should have checked the second page.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts