The Diesel Garage banner

These Pad Locks are sweet!

4K views 19 replies 9 participants last post by  fordt 
#1 ·
#4 ·
nice lock, but why even BOTHER w/ a key...
having to use a key means you have to at least one of the following -

turn your truck off to unlock the lock.
always have your truck keys on you.
keep an extra key w/ you.

if you loose your truck keys or their stolen, now youve lost the lock key too !

i use the "Set-your-own combination" Master Lock #175, no key required and
i can set, reset or change the 4 digit combination !

#8 ·
I love this keyed alike lock to a vehicle. For instance, I would like 2 for the race trailer. Only one person needs to be inside it, and I only tow it with one vehicle. Obviously it doesn't fit all applications, just like a combo doesn't fit all applications in my opinion. I do not like combo locks on gates. Although my Dad always says "locks were made to keep your friends out". LOL

#9 ·
Those are cool! Only problem I forsee is if I get one for my enclosed sled trailer pulled behind my superduty, just about anyone else with a Ford key can also get in there... other than that its a unique idea! Nothing wrong with being different!

#12 · (Edited)
#11 · (Edited)
I think its bad Arse!.

Now is it REPROGRAMMABLE? to same model new year if your swtich but stay same comparable brands?
EDIT- i see you said only once. but i think they are still worth the 27.00 if they hold up with weather@!

#14 ·
no bill they are NOT reprogrammable - theyre keyed ONCE and thats it, you
can NOT reprogram them !

#13 ·
I'm liking them already , I got at least three master lock keys on my key ring and if i could replace three keys with one extra truck key i am gonna do it. sounds pretty good to me, no more trying to find matching key codes, thats the reason I have three different master lock keys to begin with

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.