The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
jet ski racer
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
Just putting together a list of things Ford missed on this truck. I hope to use this list to also figure out what I need when I buy my new truck.
HID lights- If I am paying this much for a truck it better have Factory HID.
AMP-research running board- you offer them on other vehicles why not the Super Duty?
Titan fuel tank. with this they should also include a cathider.
Air bags- any recomendations on brands?
Exhaust system
3M protection.
billet grill
recon mirror lights
tinted windows

What else needs to be added to this list

·
jet ski racer
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Are the goodyear wrangler tires that come with the 20" rims any good?

·
590 Posts
A pedal under my left foot.

Adrianspeeder
They did, it's called the park brake! Seriously i would like to see a manual option myself. That being said, after 2 full days of running around in a loaded f350 lariat, i will add my .02 . I prefer manuals, and would still like the option, but the auto setup did impress me. Second, ford really needs to rethink the plastic oil pan, and the location of the oil filter. Easy to service, but easy to damage in off road use. The transmission manual shift feature needs to be lit for night time use. The front of the cabin is nice, and layed out well, the back seat[crew cab] was sort of plain in my opinion. This seems to be something all 3 brands could address. Colors, i do not like blk interior, so the tan should be offered in more of the exterior color combos. The blue for example, would look very nice with tan interior and a tan lower accent. Or a light grey interior option. A few more color options would be nice period.. Overall i really liked the truck, but feel the sticker price is about 5k to high. I could say the same for gm truck's also...

·
Powered By Ford
2,438 Posts
19.5s should be optional on F350s and standard on all F450+.....

·
Tebow-in'...
1,243 Posts
power locking tailgate - why the hel do i have to use my friggin' key to lock the tailgate? does one more lock motor really cost that much...?

·
4 Posts
I agree, a power locking tail gate makes more sense than a key...

·
39 Posts
35 gal tank in the short bed should be standard, not 26 gal. Rear Factory DVD options and/or dual screens. Limited slip differential option on SRW. Open or Electric Locking are the only choices. Even better, I would like to see a forgiving True Trac Limited Slip Diff. option in the front axle. An Optional Rear suspension Air Bags??

·
Bodyman
237 Posts
Heated steering wheel, rain sensing wipers, the ability to activate the remote start with it running and take the key with you into a store, and def. the locking tailgate.

·
2,126 Posts
Realistically I would like to see HID's, heated steering wheels, and a rear axle that was locking and an L/S when not locked.

·
590 Posts
While we are at it, how about a metal oil pan, and a little different location for the oil filter. I could see both of these getting wounded in an off road situation..

·
jet ski racer
327 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
One thing I think Ford should change is the location of the USB. why not in the glove box or in the center console like the 2010 explorer? I don't like to have wires and Ipod cluttering up my dash, I want it all tucked out of the way out of site!

·
Tebow-in'...
1,243 Posts
speaking of the USB, how about bringing that up to year 2001 technology so that you can upload music into the drive without having to burn mp3's onto a CD in audio format just to rip them back off?????:damnit

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Are the goodyear wrangler tires that come with the 20" rims any good?
im not sure if they are still putting them on the 2011s, most of them have the michelin tires on em, but i had the wranglers on my 6.4 and "custom" ordered the wranglers for my 11 and they seem like a great tire, dont do much off roading but seem to bite pretty good, did great on the snow/ice, and supposed to be rated at 80K....

Heated steering wheel, rain sensing wipers, the ability to activate the remote start with it running and take the key with you into a store, and def. the locking tailgate.
i got a spare made just to unlock the doors without a chip in it and just leave the key in the ignittion and lock the doors, manually unlock with key on my key ring..

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
i always just use bluetooth on my phone and listen to rhapsody stuff i downloaded when nothing is on sirius...

I wish the traction control when turned off was really off too.... several times i even have had advanced off and it still cuts it out and stuff like its on!

and why have ONE peice of wood grain around the radio and thats it?? why not use it on the doors like the 6.4 and on the edges where the air vents are??

everything else in the truck is lockable.... under seats, console, why no lock on glovebox??

got a factory boost, oil temp, trans temp, why not go ahead and let us monitor egts now?!?

·
139 Posts
Not so much to add but take away.

Take away the traction control all together as mine is off everytime I turn the key on, especially in winter. The secondary that comes on even when it is in the "off" position......

Get rid of auto locks. I have kids and if I want to lock the doors I can.

Get rid of wheel sensors. What a joke. Govt involvement sucks.

What to add?

If possible, I would like the trans to not up-shift when I am going down hill. Right now, if you are off the accelerator and 'coasting' down hill (example is bush roads at slower speeds), the trans shifts up say from 3rd, to 4th, etc. so you are free wheeling pretty quick. Now I know we have the seletor and I use it all the time to lock out and stay in 3rd but just something that the Allison seems to have over the Torque Shift in the Ford.

·
16 Posts
My problem is...

OK, here's my two cents worth. About a month ago, I bought a 2011 F-350 XLT. I load up a 3000 pound camper and tow a '97 Jeep that weighs somewhere around 3500 pounds, give or take a few, then I go for a trip. Overall, this truck exceeds my expectations. The power is more than "enough". So what is lacking? For those of us that have truck campers, it would be nice to have the electric plug in the bed, wired to industry standards, i.e. 7-pin. After all, it came with the "camper package", right? Optional airbags would be nice. Those things are minor compared to the one HUGE problem I have with this truck. That 26 gallon fuel tank. Long story short, I got into trouble on my first trip. I was forced to buy fuel in Furnace Creek, CA, in Death Valley. $5.10/Gallon, about $115.00 for just over 23 gallons. You can buy an F-150 with a 36 gallon tank, but with an F-350 SD diesel, who's purpose in life is to haul heavy loads, you get a 26 gallon tank (short bed Super Crew). To fix the problem I just installed a 50-gallon replacement tank, but why should I have to go to the expense-$800+, doing the installation myself? Other than that, well, boys and girls, this truck is just awesome. Ford, are you listening??

·
GOT BEER?
164 Posts
Remove the 2 fuel filter system for ONE spinon fuel filter

Redo the *****ty traction control

adjust the engine brake

·
525 Posts
Remove the 2 fuel filter system for ONE spinon fuel filter

That is actually nearly impossible to do.

You got one that is I believe 30 microns, and the secondary is 10 microns.

If you stick a single 10 micron filter, it would have to be quite large (larger than the 30 micron) or it would clog very quickly.

The 2 filter solution also provides a degree of protection from rust / corrosion products in the fuel line after it is filtered by the big filter.

Afraid that there is not a good solution.... or Ford would have jumped at cutting out one extra $$$ part.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts