The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This was posted here awhile ago...and I went back to dig it up. This is a 6.4L Navistar engine that is in use in Portugal and Spain. Probably wouldn't be too hard to get a TT on this thing.

Navistar 6.4L diesel

·
Registered
1,126 Posts
ya but its a 6cyl and as far as i know the 6.4 is going to be an 8cyl

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
Isn't MWM their German or Brazilian subsidiary or is than "MANN"? I think the 6-4 is to be built in USA.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
it would be cool to get some of the engines they have elsewhere.....aussiedave has a SWEET truck with a MWM engine in it :D

Dom

·
Registered
7 Posts
Yeah, that is too bad, knowing that they'd built a good base motor that was tested and trued would be a nice "mind easer"

Time will tell if this is the one to have.

·
2,035 Posts
I heard somewhere the 6.4L was going to be a TT. Any truth to that you figure? I don't really see the point in a TT in a diesel truck, but what do I know??

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
HD_F250 said:
I heard somewhere the 6.4L was going to be a TT. Any truth to that you figure? I don't really see the point in a TT in a diesel truck, but what do I know??
They've already have a smaller powerstroke on the lots with twins in the Ford LCF cab-over truck since the summer. Ford's using TT for emmissions and performance.

·
FORD For Off Road Driving
209 Posts
I heard it was going to be a V8 too. I hope it's stil going to be a V8. You cant substitue cubic inches!!!!!!!!!!!

·
3,630 Posts
Muddin said:
I heard it was going to be a V8 too. I hope it's stil going to be a V8. You cant substitue cubic inches!!!!!!!!!!!
I'd normally agree...but we all know what the CTD I-6 is capable of.
I, for one, wouldn't mind trying that thing out.

·
Registered
2,010 Posts
well i am sure it won't be "twins" it will be compounds, many many of the high hp cummins are running compounds, one turbo spools fast and that spools the big turbo, they work GREAT, i should have a set on my truck some time in the not so distant future.
robert
out

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
alldiesels said:
well i am sure it won't be "twins" it will be compounds, many many of the high hp cummins are running compounds, one turbo spools fast and that spools the big turbo, they work GREAT, i should have a set on my truck some time in the not so distant future.
robert
out
Not to get picky...but as long as it has 2 turbos isn't it twinned?

·
Registered
47 Posts
The cubic inch thing. Henry Ford said that same saying. Then Ford comes out with a 6.0 I have never known why. I drive a ford but do not pull as much as I used to. When I was around 18 years old I had a 40ft trailor behind me everywhere I went hauling loads. If I were still pulling alot of loads I would use a Dodge. Unbeatable pulling performance and I put over 350,000 miles on one. It had the same power and the only problem it ever had was an injection pump one time. But that is bosch's fault. I was raised and still am a Ford guy. But those cummins engines are untouchable. Just my .02 cents

·
M1 ******* Racer - 8200#
479 Posts
They put that engine in the F-250 over there. also put it in the S10.... hmmmm

·
Diesel Pro
2,652 Posts
yeah he is josh! me too!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts