The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think i may have a problem....! just a few minutes ago i was leaving a place and had to turn left, playin around i got on it and it kicked sideways a few times and did end up hitting the rev limiter and let off...i had a sct street tune installed and after this i got to a stop light and started driving again, and the programmer is not there....i would drive and try to get on it and it drove just like it was stock, no extra power...didnt have any CEL, nothing was getting hot, checked to see if any fluids lost, oil, coolant, everythings fine, hooked up the sct and no codes showed up...WHAT happened??

·
Udderly Delicious
169 Posts
Sounds like you blew an IC boot or even IC plastic end tank if all IC pipes and boots are connected. If you hit the limiter, you probably blew an IC pipe out of it's boot though. Probably not any big worries.

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
Do chk for no boost tube connections - and maybe unload the program and reload if that's not it...

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
dont have a boost gauge hooked up yet...checked the tube going from the turbo to IC, and intake elbow to IC no loose connections that i could find. anything else to check for? ill probably return to stock then load the file again and see if that helps...prolly have to wait to try it out till tomorrow cuz i pulled all the banks stuff out tonight and had a few beers while i was at it! Thanks guys, ill let you know if it turns out!

·
Udderly Delicious
169 Posts
Yeah, definately put it back to stock to see if it still does it. If all the IC to boot connections are still tight, then check the IC end tanks next for cracks or separations. If that's not it, next check the boots themselves for blow-outs, not real common but has happened before. It may just be some sort of electrical short in the wiring harness. Did it start smoking really bad and black after this happened? If so, it's not a boost situation, it could be a stuck open EGR valve. The power loss when this happens feels just like boost problem, but will blow loads of black smoke. Seems like you would have said something about the smoke if this had happened though. Report back what you find. Oh yeah, physically push or pull on the IC pipes to check the connections as I've seen them blow loose and fall right back into the rubber boots so it looks like it's still connected.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
i did check all the boost tubes, etc. by pulling on them and everything seemed fine, and all fluids checked out ok. i put the truck back to stock and retuned it and since then everything seems to be fine. it was at night so im not sure about the smoke, but i have had an egr valve go bad before and it chugged out some coal! truck has seemed fine since then. im not completely sure how much fuel it had, i know it would have been more than 1/4 tank........only thing seemed to happen is hit the rev limiter and then noticed power loss, then after shut off and retune it was fine...

·
Obviously Intuitive !
1,417 Posts
Cool !
was gonna say a buid with a 6-oh thought his truck was running fine until we went to a dyno day and the load/strain made it squeal like a banshee...

had a 1/2 inch tear in one of the boots that only separated at full boost and load !!!

·
1,870 Posts
My 03 does it to with the flash that is before the one that cycles the injectors. If you turn the key off, then back on it runs perfect try it and let me know. It normally does it on mine if I get on it hard then let off real quick. Nobody seems to know what causes it, and it throws no codes. It's really weird, like a protective device or something.

·
Registered
119 Posts
didnt you guys hear... ford techs put an anti tune program on the newer flashes.... it senses a tuner and flashes it back to stock if you drive wot... :D

·
Chitowns Biggest Baller
517 Posts
I would love it if ford really had a program that would return my truck to stock at wot, It give me another reason to drive my truck right throught the show room window.

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
haha, ya...that is almost what it seemed like happened!

·
TDG Mafia 23
1,846 Posts
6.0lkid said:
It give me another reason to drive my truck right throught the show room window.
I have seriously considered burning mine in their parking lot....

·
TDG Mafia Member#67
5,655 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well same thing happened last night...spun the tires while it was wet last night and had the power loss...this time i just turned the truck off and started it back up, all fine. never did this with my banks system, wonder whats causing it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts