The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feels and looks like the converter is slippin. Truck jolts on a decent footfull of throttle when its locked in 5th. Slip gauge goes from .5 to 10. What kind of converter do you guys reccomend and what are some prices Im looking at? Its a suncoast trans but I wouldnt be opposed to trying a different converter. The suncoast in my 6.0 held up great but the stocker couldnt hang in the 6.4. Thanks Ryan

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
I wonder if your tire size wheel combo plays a factor, im moving to 37's hopefully tomorrow, sure hope thats not the case

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think it plays a decent factor, then again lots of other people run them and have no problem.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Id run a Suncoast Converter, when my tranny goes i'll just get a suncoast tranny and converter.

·
571 Posts
I would go with suncoast. I've had good luck with them and they stand behind their product.:thumbsup

·
773 Posts
I've never heard a bad thing about suncoast

·
cool as december
1,032 Posts
Yeah we dont have the biggest tires thats for sure, but im sure it does put an extra strain on the trans,

·
BLING BLING
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It happend so fast. I had to get rid of my 6.0 and I didnt get the 6.4 till 3 days before the trans came out and I had no other choice but to put it in. It wont be to bad though. A lot better then taking 2 out and putting 2 back in and dealing with a lot of other stuff in between. Money wont be bad. I do all the work myself. The converter is whats gonna cost me!! Ryan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts