The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi!

I´m thinking about buying a Silverado 2002 and I would like too know if there is something special I should look for. Right now I´m driving a Nissan King Cab 02:pointlaugh and doesn´t feel quite right so i´m trying too take a step up too a real truck.

Best regards
Peter

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Start the engine when it is cold and drive it down the road. You are looking for a surging in the RPM when you decelerate or at idle, that indicates that the IPR is going bad. Smell the oil, looking for a strong diesel smell. That indicates bad injectors. Check for risidual fluid around the transfer case, that could indicate pump rub. Other than that look for what you would normally look for in a truck you want to buy.

Also if you mash the brakes and the steering wheel shimmies side to side, that means the pitman and idler arms need replaced, thats no big deal. After replacing them, there are afew companies that sell braces that fix the problem almost for good.

If it has a larger than stock exhaust, guages, intake or a combo of the three, then likely the truck has been rodded a little, dont be too concerned, the Dmax can handle it.

Hope this helps, I am sure others will chime in with more info.

Tony

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
Injector pressure regulator, or Fuel pressure regulator.

Tony

Good luck, if you buy it, you will love it! Trust me, I did.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts