The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm just thinking right now since I'm still on stock intake and exhaust and no gauges. I tow about half the time I'm on the road and it's anywhere from 5K to 12K pounds. I'd like some performance, towing, and economy tunes. Give me some idea as to what tunes you guys are running doing these things and the mileage you're seeing. If it's not in your signature, please post transmission 4X2 or 4X4 and gear ratio. I know I want DP, I just don't know what I want.

·
862 Posts
It's really up to you and your preferences. I only wanted 3 tunes.... something for towing that is extremely safe, a daily driver tune with a bit of punch, and an all out racing tune that pushes every bit of power available out of the engine. The tunes I'm running are custom since my truck was live tuned by Jody, but they are based on the 40 high altitude tow, 80 econo, and 140 extreme. Other folks have different preferences, needs, etc. When in doubt, give Jody and Diane a call or shoot an email to them with your questions and needs. They'll be glad to help. Do it now or you'll have to wait until they get back from Smokin in the Smokies.

·
324 Posts
you'll still want gauges even if just your egt, i like my F5 60tow, 80econo, 100, 120, 140aggressive

·
TDG Mafia #76
2,542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
HIGH MILEAGE ELITE said:
you'll still want gauges even if just your egt, i like my F5 60tow, 80econo, 100, 120, 140aggressive
Yep, I know. Waiting on someone to get the Performax gauges from ISSPRO on their web site...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts