The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so i thought i had my truck fixed but its not...the OD light is flashing again..i put a new tach sensor in and a new tps sensor in yesterday..today i did a trans service...checked the codes, 23 and 62 were the only one.disconnected the batteries.drove for about 35 miles and the light back..didnt get a chance too pull the codes again but now im worried my trans converter is toast...the trans feels fine before the light comes on any ideas?? ohh and those codes werent there a few days ago when i checked i think it was code 74 and 65 now its 23 and 62 wtf im confused.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ok so now tonight i pulled the codes....now i only have 23 and 26 so i checked my tps which i just replaced I set the min voltage to 1.08 and wot is at 4.06 ....when i first checked it..it was 1.14 closed and 4.06 open .drove the truck a 1/2 mile now lights back on already. It was taking about 25-30 miles to come on ...any ideas out there

·
279 Posts
When you set the TPS was the engine hot? If wasn't, bring the engine up to operating temp. Then set the TPS. The idle solenoid and cold advance will throw off the setting.

·
1 Posts
wingnut 7.3

Had about the same problem. I found a 50 amp fuse blown under hood. I think it was for letter U. Hope it helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts