The Diesel Garage banner

Which way to cross train?

• Stick it out and hope to stay as a jet engine mechanic.

Votes: 3 25.0%
  • Go other maintenance, with a signing bonus.

Votes: 4 33.3%
  • Go recruiter in an area you like.

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • Go postal duty in korea. Then go back to jets.

Votes: 3 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got notified that I am on the NCOVL. Manditory crosstrain for overmanned career field. Which route should I go? Yes I know it is up to me I just need input from other people.

·
********* and Mafia #90
14,261 Posts
oops NVM LOLI just :eek:wned my self.. Dont mind me, carry on :wave

·
1,709 Posts
If you want to go back to jets looks like postal duty would be pretty good choice. Good Luck!

·
459 Posts
that sux cummins. I have missed that NV list the last couple years, and now i cant be touched been in too long. Anyway, i would look into recruiter duty or also look into a career field u may enjoy. Really is tough these days.

Good luck with your decision it is tough.

·
MAFIA #8
5,567 Posts
I am not AD AF but I was AD Army and still in the reserves so I put my .002 in anyway. I wouldn't go recruiter. If AF is like Army they are forcing people into recruiting and then if you dont make your quota they are sending ur arse to the house...

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I guess it is really for any military branch to weigh in on, I know things are pretty different between them though. I still have not made a decision, I've almost put in to cross train a few times already I just can't bring myself to do it since I love my job. Hopefully I will get some sort a break and figure out what to do...

Tyler

·
258 Posts
i'd say other. i would recomend a flying job. unless your married and you want to stay married

·
459 Posts
How about a LOADMASTER JOB?

·
258 Posts

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I would love to, but I am married and I would like to be home more often.

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
Put in for being a MTI i have actually been thinking bout it vs getting out but i really dont care for TX but you might

·
I now drive a Duramax...
318 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I know this comment might cause a stir but: I hate Texas, I would rather go to Iraq for a year...

·
Built Not Bought
3,072 Posts
AMEN lol

·
608 Posts
So I see we have some other loady's here.. Good to know. If you want to stay married and or stay home, flying isn't for you... I would make recruiting one of my last options. Long days and tough recruiting times would be my primary reasons for avoiding it.. Best of luck in your decision though..

·
TDG Mafia Goon
3,710 Posts
Were there any other maintenance jobs you were interested in? Staying in a related field usually helps if you plan to return.

·
1,709 Posts
I know some Air Force people that is here in Afghanistan and they love it. When they leave here there going to go back to there original jobs. They was pretty much in the same boat as you, so they came here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts