The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The other day my buddies 03 6L cc lb 4x4 with an edge juice box just dropped to idle speed and had no pedel responce. We could shut it off wait a few secs and then restart it and it would accel like normal then drop to idle again. Sometimes we would get 10 feet sometimes a mile before it would do it again and not everytime on restart would it have pedel responce. We unplugged the edge box to see if something was wrong there but it didnt seem to make any diff. Finally it just ran normal for a couple days but then did it again, this time with a cel. But at the end of the day the cel had gone away but it still acted up. Had it scanned and said the throttle pos sensor voltage high output range fault. Put a new tps in and i was fine with no cel for a few days until today when it acted up again. Out of ideas and trying to avoid taking it to the dealer. All the info is greatly needed since we carpool and its his daily driver.

·
3,051 Posts
Could be anything from bad wiring to a bad reading icp sensor. Has the icp sensor ever been replaced? Also, if it has the inferred ebp sensor flash the mass airflow sensor is an important player. Mine had some bad wires at the maf sensor connector causing some similar symptoms. Also, where the wiring harness lays under the turbo intake is a common place for them to get chaffed. If it had a code for the TPS sensor and it was replaced, has the code come back? Maybe the wires going to the TPS are bad.

Harry

1 - 4 of 4 Posts