The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night I began hearing this weird sound that I would figure is the throwout bearing. The sound goes away when I hit the clutch...even slightly. How long will these things last once weird sounds begin to happen? I can't affort to go playing around in there right now.

·
TDG Single Club Member#14
1,086 Posts
It's a bearing could be a month could be 5 mins. The problem though is the differential and the tranny seal. The vibration could ruin those.

·
7 Posts
Clutch

My throw out bearing has been chattering for almost a year now. Is your pilot bearing making noise like a chatter when you pull off?? If so start shopping around for clutch parts.

·
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It squeals like a gutted pig; mostly at lower rpms. So much as touch the clutch and it disappears until I let off. Really annoying. I'll live with it as long as I can but gotta say....it bugs the :gaah outta me. I think it's ruining my sex life too!

·
3,533 Posts
If a bearing is going out it definitely will not get any cheaper to fix it later. If it is the pilot bearing it is not cheap when it damages the input shaft, Kevlar bushing becomes a popular option.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts