The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to have to put on a new set of pads soon. Wondering what kind I should go with? (Little to no dust & don't make noise) Any suggestions would be great.

:usflag

·
3,939 Posts
You're not going to go high-perf on this truck are you? If not, then OEM pads or their equilvalent would suffice. I know of people with 150,000+ miles on the OEM parts, and they still work perfectly.

Hawk, Powerstop, Wilwood all have high perf setups for our trucks now. You can get Powerslot rotors, too.

I dont know if the links work, but heymccall over at the Place has done extensive research into the brakes to make them work better. He is a huge advocate of regular maintenence on them.
http://www.dieselplace.com/forum/showpost.php?p=3303953&postcount=2

·
1,709 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks there is some great info in there.

·
1,409 Posts
When I changed my front pads I asked around alot and ended up going with the OEM pads. I changed the front pads @ 60k and they are all still good @ 108k! I don't tow as much as I used to, but I still drive like a madman!

·
TDG Mafia # 81
1,903 Posts
If you live in the salt belt, maintain the rears with brake grease regularly! Anyone living up here knows what I am talking about. A good run down this a wire brush every year helps too!

Reactions: squeeky
1 - 5 of 5 Posts