The Diesel Garage banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys how about some sticky's on the basics of the CR! Give us newbies some helpful info on these engines! Might be common knowledge to you but a newbie is in the fog!:popcorn:

·
Registered
45 Posts
good idea!

·
Upside Swordfish
1,917 Posts
basic fact number one. Does not use gasoline. Uses Diesel Fuel

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Dohhh! Marge what did you put in the darge?! Hey comon somebody here has to have the basics somewhere! Like geno's for the 12v!

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Filters used oil and fuel,#s?? Weak links that need to be addressed, Power mods in a good order, BHAF possible to use on these? All mods are computer controlled Nothing mechanical here? What works and what doesn't. And any other helpful info to bring a newbie up to speed literally!

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Although not owning one, I wouldn't mind seeing some diagrams of the CP3. I still am not sure on how everything it the CR system works. Maybe I'll do a search on Google......

And 10 minutes later, nothing worth posting.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Maybe its just us 12 valve guys :poke: But I was under the impression that the CP3 is a fairly simple fixed displacement pump (gear, vane, piston, or other) that constantly flow x amount of fuel per revolution and the computer controls, the pressure by a relief valve and adjusts according to the demands. Is this incorrect? Is it variable displacement?

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
No help for the uneducated? :poke:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dual K20s said:
No help for the uneducated? :poke:
seems to be pretty correct to me, now what else would yall like to know, i have enough knowledge on the cr to get the job i want done...

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
SMOKEBLOWER07 said:
seems to be pretty correct to me, now what else would yall like to know, i have enough knowledge on the cr to get the job i want done...
When using dual CP3's they are run in a parallel configuration, correct?

When you do twin turbos on the CRs do you use an inverted 2nd gen 24v manifold, or invert a 3rd gen manifold and mount the small turbo really high and far forward?

Are the cracked injector issues a result of increased rail pressure from use of a "pressure box"?

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cracked injectors?? Oh Man tell me more!! Common or??

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Nobody has ever seen twins or dual CP3's on a common rail? :shrug:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts