The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had to change my oil yesterday (My normal 3000 mile change) and noticed that it was thin and about a quart high. I think i may have some injector leakage. :shrug: I am going to watch it real close and see if it does it again. I cannot smell diesel in the oil . I put a drip of oil for the paper test and it has a halo but it is a small one which was normal for the truck .:deal: I looked at my make date and my injector warrenty ends in a month or so ... 7yrs. I am hoping that it is not injector problems. I hope i just over filled it when i changed it last time. :shrug: We will see.

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
Unfortunately I would say you have an injector problem. :damnit I would take a sample and have it tested or take her in and have your local stealer test ASAP.

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had the injectors tested about a year ago because i thought one was leaking my oil thins out fast with in 3-4000 miles then my oil pressure starts dropping. They told me that the leak was not bad enough because it is not showing up in a pressure test.

F

·
0 Posts
Sounds to me like you assumption is correct, everyone knows the LB7 injectors are known for this. I think a trip to the dealer may pay off in the end.

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I guess i better get it in then ... Bummer ... Do i need to take the stacks off for a dealer trip and run my factory exaust? Also should i take the lift pump out?

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys.

·
3,939 Posts
Stacks wouldnt have any effect on the injectors. I WOULD remove any programming and/or tuner from the truck.

It does sound like the injectors are starting to head south. Not bad enough to cause poor performance, though. It may be tough to convince a dealer they need replacing. Good Luck.

·
TDG Junior Mafia #61
622 Posts
I would go have the injectors replaced anyway, because last time we had ours replaced they said it would be $1600 with no warranty, so get them replaced when you can.

·
1,409 Posts
I have a stupid question, does GM replace them with different/better injectors? Or should you just bite it and purchase different ones?

·
SRW Cartell #27
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
mckey73 said:
I have a stupid question, does GM replace them with different/better injectors? Or should you just bite it and purchase different ones?

Good question. Does anyone have this answer. If the dealer wont replace them then can someone tell me the procedure on how to replace them . and how much of a pain it is to get them out. I may just replace them my self if the dealer wont.

·
Nasty Girl
580 Posts
GM replaces with their 4th gen injector IIRC.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.