The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just as we did last year it's time to kick of the big game hunter contest. All entries must be this years kill. It must be North American big game, Deer, Elk, Antelope,ha Moose, Bison. All entries will be entered into the same pool. We will vote in house and the winner will recieve 400.00 credit on anything we offer. Let the enteries begin. We will load your photos onto our website under the Big Game contest heading. The winner will be announced Jan. 1st. This will be a multi forum contest. So keep going to our site to check the enteries. TO ENTER- SEND 1 PICTURE TO [email protected] WITH YOUR FULL NAME, CONTACT PHONE NUMBER, DATE OF KILL, LOCATION OF KILL, AND A SHORT STORY TO GO WITH IT (IF YOU HAVE ONE). Steel will post up your picture for you!

Here is my entry :woot:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Nice elk! I would love to get out west and try to take one with a bow, a buddy that I graduated with that lives in Wyoming, I hope to get out there some time!

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts
gotta get something worth posting first. Hopefully SOON!!!

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts
I'm headed back out sun. Hope to post picks next week!!

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
All I have from this year so far is a Boar hunt, It was in TN but it is really considered a Russian Boar, Does that count? If so I send you the info.

·
Registered
2,150 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Since nobody seems to be interested in the contest this year go ahead and post up the boar, I will make an exception to the rule.

·
Premium Member
5,567 Posts
we had NO luck around us this year.... last year between me and my brothers we killed 8 nice whitetails... this year we managed 0

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts
I still got almost two months to go. Don't loose faith in me yet. Got my eye on a few, just waiting for them to come out at the wrong time.

·
5,365 Posts

·
The DUDE!!
1,806 Posts
is it HUNTING when you feed them and TRAIN them ??
It's still hunting bud. People have been doing this for YEARS long before we have. In some way or another. And just because the 'corn' or whatever is out there, there is no guarantee that something will come to it. Now there are some places that hunt "trained" animals, but the majority of us can't afford those places.

·
5,365 Posts
yeah i get it - when the field is cut and some corn etc is left behind it does attract them.
when you put up a feeder, w/ a TIMER - thats more like trapping IMO

at the end of the day - i dont care, as long as folks eat what they shoot - or give it to
some charity that is CERTAIN to feed folks w/ it ! Freekin' deer are driving up the cost of
auto insurance !

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts
I missed a monster Axis on Monday made me sick. It was the biggest Axis buck I have ever seen! All I got this last go around was a doe. I'm shooting a new round this year also hornady 130gr GMX its a amazing round guys pretty much ground checks any thing you hit. I can post a pic of what it did to the doe at 100 yards if any one is interested.

·
5,365 Posts
which one of you guys is gonna give me some venison ??

·
TDG MAFIA
1,270 Posts
Don I got ya covered buddy. Ill let ya know when I pick it up from processing :happymugs

Reactions: bushpilot

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts

These guys are a lot harder to hunt than I thought!

One shot from the good ol Thompson Center Black Diamond M/L took care of it though.

PS now Ill prolly shoot a Monster Buck...

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Since nobody seems to be interested in the contest this year go ahead and post up the boar, I will make an exception to the rule.
I posted it Aden. I know its been a tough year for hunting, thanks for the chance and for offering the contest, wish I had a nice deer for it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts