The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, its getting time to change tires and I need opinions on tires. Now I'm running 2 continentals and 2 Good Years. The I hate the goodyears. I've had nothing but problems with them not wearing evenly when they were up front or back. What I'm looking for is a tire with good life, great with towing(heavy), and at least decent in snow(I live in CT right now and cover from VA to Maine). I made a bad choice when I bought the good years this time I'd like some help. I don't know how many miles are on the Continentals but the Goodyears have about 25,000 miles on them and look the same as the continentals. Theres at least 10,000 miles between the two sets but not sure exactly.

Thanks all!

·
780 Posts
i went with the nitto terra grabbers but i have only put 800 miles on them so far i like them so far it made the truck ride a lot smoother and i hated my goodyears also i put 34000 miles on mine

·
Texas Member
678 Posts
i went with the nitto terra grabbers but i have only put 800 miles on them so far i like them so far it made the truck ride a lot smoother and i hated my goodyears also i put 34000 miles on mine
I have always run really aggressive tires on my trucks
I tried a set of nitto terras for the first time on this truck and I gotta say I like them, they hook up on the street and strip great and they arent the regular weenie looking a/t tire and they are super smooth on the road but...
i dont think I would recommend them for heavy winter driving without trying it myself first and my winters are extremely mild. I can recommend **** Cepek Mud Country's, I love those tires and have had 4 sts of them. You can get 40k ile if you dont run spartan tunes LOL and they get traction on just about any condition without being a loud tire on the road (although they do get louder as the wear out) I hardley ever got a flat with those tires also. The only reason I didnt get them on this truck was I wanted a tire for the strip that didnt look like crap to me.

·
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've been doing some research and I think I'm going to try the Hankook Dynapro ATM's Ill let you guys know how they work out!

·
2008 F350 Murdered out
244 Posts
My next set will be procomp extreme AT they are warranted for up to 40000 mile. I'll be buying them within 1000 miles. What do ya think. Those hankooks aren't very good tires this duramax got them and burned through them within like 19000

·
2008 F350 Murdered out
244 Posts
How on earth did u get toyos to last 50k. What psi do all of yall run on

·
143 Posts
crosstx, I'm about to need tires also. Can you by chance post a pic of your ride w/ the nitto terras on? Also, did you stay w/ the oem size. I'd like my next set to be a little wider than stock but not taller. Thanks for your help. Any other suggestions welcome.

·
Git' Some
124 Posts
im running Nitto Terra Grapps a/t also on my stocks 18's 325/65/18.... totally changed the whole look of my truck from front, rear, and side. At first i was a little hesitant on putting them on my factory 18's bc i didnt know how it would look but when i got them on, but once i put them on i liked the way it looked for sure. They look super mean bc of how wide they are and i got probably about 5k miles on em and they have been a great tire, not too noisy at all.

·
1,060 Posts
Toyo mt's have gotten 50,000 miles on two different sets
15.5 wide thats why you were able to get 50,000

I wish I could get myself to fork out for new rims and wider tire set up, not this summer or winter though as i just ordered a set of Procomp's Extreme M/T 35X12.5X17R I just hope that they handle the wet pavment as well as they handle mud and junk.

Has any one else run these??:hijacked

1 - 13 of 13 Posts