The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
ATV Tire Opinions

I have not run either of these, but they both look to be excelent tires. Does anyone have personal experience with either the Maxxis Mud Bugs or Highlifter MST's.

On my 350 Rancher 4x4, I plan on doing 25's or 26's, but not too wide.

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
IMO Maxxis dont look good and dont perform that great in the mud.

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
IMO Maxxis dont look good and dont perform that great in the mud.
That's the same thing I thought when I saw them and was just going off other peoples comments. We do a fair amount of riding in the mud during hunting season. I am leaning more towards the Highlifters.

Thanks for the imput. :thumbsup

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
I am also in the need for tires soon I have heard good things about the MSTs don't know what im gonna do yet. any advise...for a Sportsman 500 I do a lot of riding during hunting season and also use a snowplow..some riding just for fun...

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
I'm not too sure yet what I'm going to do. I have checked with a few online tire sources and most of them have inexpensve or free shipping. Sounds good, but because I live in Alaska, they all want to charge between $270-$320 for shipping depending on which tire I was looking at. We have a local supplier that can get me what I want, but they charge a crazy amount for the tires (to cover the shipping). The search continues. I really like the looks of the Highlifter Outlaw MST, but they would cost me about $750-$800 by the time the freight was added. I think it's a bunch of crap!!!!!

Right now, I'm looking pretty close at a set of Kenda Executioners. I just wish they had mor lugs on the side of the tire.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I put the mud bug tires on my wifes Outlander 330 and they are pretty amazing tires. The side bite on on a muddy slope is tough to beat and the ride is smooth. I have 29.5 Outlaws on my 800 and would have put Mud Bugs on it also if they came in the size I wanted.

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So, I had a real good deal worked out for a set of Maxxis Zilla's and to keep this short, I'll just say "The deal fell through".

I went with a set of Executioner's, we'll see how they do.

I'll post pics of the lift and the tires once I get them on.

The Mud Bug tires were a thought also. Way too many choices out there, it's crazy.......

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
Zillas are great in the mud. Look pretty mean too.

·
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got the tires and rims mounted before I had to head back to work. The lift is not on yet. I got a set of factory aluminum Grizzly 700 wheels, man these things are light. It's a good thing the wheels are so light, because the tires are pretty heavy. I did just a little testing on a snow covered hillside and these tires did great, I can't wait to try them in the mud.

Rancher Old Tires 2.jpg

Rancher New Tires.jpg

·
Diesel Kid
4,580 Posts
looks pretty good, the lift will help it out.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts