The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys - I have 18 inch stock rims on an F250 Lariat. I'm getting ready for tires and want to go bigger. I have searched but can't seem to find the answer:shrugs. I was thinking of 325/65R18's but I dont know if the stock rim is wide enough. I'm looking at Goodyear duratracks. The truck isn't lifted and I'm not really worried about rubbing as I don't lock the wheel over too often. If ya'll think these are too wide though I will go another route. Thanks, KJR:peelout

·
1,606 Posts
I had 325/65/R18 Nitto Terra Grapplers on my stock 18's that were on my 05, they fit my 09 also, (I tried them before I sold my 05). You have to watch the actual measurements of the tire you choose, even though the size is listed the same, different brands have diferent actual widths.

Reactions: KJR0360

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
That size calculates to 34.6 x 12.80, but like fine69 said, different manufacturers have different dimensions for the same "size". I had 35 x 12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers on my stock 18" rims, and they rubbed, but I'm convinced it was because of the large side biters on the tires. I think most 12.50's won't rub if their sides are pretty smooth. But check the dimensions of the actual tires, some 12.50's are 10" wide, some are actually 13" wide, depends on the tire.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys. I think the stock size looks wimpy. I've read some good reviews on the duratrac. I'm gonna go for them. I got a few thousand left on the stockers and then maybe 10 minutes of fun in a parking lot somewhere. Then right to the tire store:thumbsup.

·
Diesel-a-holic
43 Posts
Thanks guys. I think the stock size looks wimpy. I've read some good reviews on the duratrac. I'm gonna go for them. I got a few thousand left on the stockers and then maybe 10 minutes of fun in a parking lot somewhere. Then right to the tire store:thumbsup.
Be sure to post a pictures of those Duratracs...I am thinking about a pair of those for my '09 but have yet to see a large duratrac.

Thanks,
Casey

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Will do. It's going to be about a month before I get them. Still got a little life in the stockers:D

·
122 Posts
I've got 35x12.50.18 Nitto Mud Grapplers on the stock 18s and they don't rub. Well I haven't been off road to try them out but full wheel lock they don't rub.

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I got to the tire store and got the Nitto Trail Grapplers in 295/70R18 instead. They don't rub and look good. They are about 34.5 inches tall and a little less than 12 inches wide. They are a nice fit with stock set up, and a great price compared to the duratracs.

Attachments

·
122 Posts
I got to the tire store and got the Nitto Trail Grapplers in 295/70R18 instead. They don't rub and look good. They are about 34.5 inches tall and a little less than 12 inches wide. They are a nice fit with stock set up, and a great price compared to the duratracs.
Those are what I'm looking at getting soon. How do you like them? Lot's of road noise?

·
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They are real quiet compared to what I was expecting when you look at the tread. I mostly hear them when stopping and starting, below about 7 mph. Once you get up to speed there nice. I only have a few hundred miles on them and was only up to 65 for 10 minutes, mostly around town driving so far. They seem to handle and drive well:thumbsup.

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts
That size calculates to 34.6 x 12.80, but like fine69 said, different manufacturers have different dimensions for the same "size". I had 35 x 12.50 Nitto Mud Grapplers on my stock 18" rims, and they rubbed, but I'm convinced it was because of the large side biters on the tires. I think most 12.50's won't rub if their sides are pretty smooth. But check the dimensions of the actual tires, some 12.50's are 10" wide, some are actually 13" wide, depends on the tire.

werd brotha man... but those mud grapplers look great though!

mine rubbed, but nothing a little but of trimming on the inner fender wells couldn't handle. they are a touch noisy but hell i don't mind, :guitar

and this is the pic w/o my 2.5" level kit and what not.

·
TEXAS FIGHT
290 Posts

nice! they are good looking tires man.

·
Auto's are for pansies
2,117 Posts
Looks good, an improvement for sure. :thumbsup

1 - 13 of 13 Posts