The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Cummins POWER
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking at buying some new tires right now i have 265/75's on my truck what is the biggest tire you can fit under these trucks with out lifting them? whats the biggest tire you can fit if i buy the leveling kit? I've heard you cant fit 35's but they rub a little. i was thinking abut getting 33x12.5's for mileage but i don't know yet. just wanted to what you could and couldn't fit. thanks for any imput

·
Cummins POWER
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
do they rub?

·
1,189 Posts
the 33's will clear but the 35's will not. leveling kit will clear the 35's with some light rub in tight turns. I am getting ready to add my leveling kit so I can put on my 35 mudders

·
Registered
83 Posts
i would go with the 33s my 35s rubb and it is annoying having to remeber not to turn to sharp bc they will do damage even with the leveling kit

·
112 Posts
i just put some 305's on my cousins 01 they were nitto grapplers they look real good with no rub but i all ways just like the 285 75's but just my .02 $

·
Cummins POWER
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
im thinking of going with the 305 70 16's for price and they wont rub

·
Registered
422 Posts
315/70/16's won't rub on aftermarket wheels.

Also if your looking for mileage, go with a skinnier tire, it has less rolling resistance than a wide tire.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Mine do and i have mickeys 16x10

·
Registered
422 Posts
Sorry, my mistake :damnit i meant to type 305, i guess i was thinkin about 35's... Mine are 305/70/16 toyo open country A/T's are like 32.5" tall. They are the same height as my 285/75/16's.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I just put some 305/16 on mine and it looks good with no rub

·
Registered
63 Posts
i got 315's on mine now on the stock alloys and they only rub on the lower control arms a little and my mileage went up to must be using the gears better

·
99 cummins
160 Posts
36's fit on mine, it just took some mild modifications, I bet i could even clear 38's. hmmm.....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts