The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Yes but they will rub. The biggest tire I was able to run at stock height was a 285/75/16. They are both 33in tires but the 305/70/16's and about an inch wider and will rub when turning.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Im pretty sure they will fit it you crank them all the way up. If not you might have to go with a leveling kit. I had 285/75/16 on my truck and they didnt rub at all until I put a ranch hand replacement bumper on my truck and the front end droped about 2in and then they rubbed.:damnit I had to crank mine all the way up to get it to turn with out rubbing. It was fine after I did that.:woot:

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
The chevys seem to have more room than the GMC's due to a lower valance the GMC has that really limits going to a bigger tire.

I'd like to go to a 285 BFG A/T's when my stock skins get thin.

·
Registered
7 Posts
on my gmc i just put 265/75 16 bfg mud and there is about half a inch between the tire and the front bumper. It looks close. lvling kitt sounds nice what do they run?

edit: when i turn the wheels there is about half a inch between bumper and tire
double edit: Its stock if that helps any, you prob will need to crak the bars.

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
wpboyce said:
on my gmc i just put 265/75 16 bfg mud and there is about half a inch between the tire and the front bumper. It looks close. lvling kitt sounds nice what do they run?

edit: when i turn the wheels there is about half a inch between bumper and tire
double edit: Its stock if that helps any, you prob will need to crak the bars.
Yep, 265's do fit. They came stock on my 3500. I think 285's will rub on a GMC, but might fit on a Chevy.

·
1,409 Posts
02sprtcumns said:
Will they rub if I crank the torsion bars?

Be careful when "cranking" the torsion bars, You need to make sure there is at minimum 1/2" between the bump-stop on the upper control arm and the frame. I cranked mine and had issues hitting the bump-stops quite often driving around town, made for a harsh ride. Finally broke down and bought cognito's leveling kit (new upper control arms and shock mounts).

Before you consider getting a ready lift or something of that sort get a price for new green keys and extended lower shock mounts, should be about 1/2 the price for the same equipment.

285's should fit, you might have to trim the plastic valance under the bumper a little. I've seen people that run 305's and 315's on the stock 6.5" wheels and I wouldn't reccommend it but it has been done.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I agree with you. Go with 285's!!:Thumbup:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Well I had Terra Grapplers and they didnt last me about 15k miles:damnit . I went to Toyo Open Country A/T's. They are a little expensive but they lasted me 50k miles. :woot:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have the nitto 285 load range E on my truck with the torison bars crank and they barly rub when im pulling in and out of the drive way

·
'Ol Builder guy
7,051 Posts
06DURAMAX said:
I have the nitto 285 load range E on my truck with the torison bars crank and they barly rub when im pulling in and out of the drive way
GMC or chevy?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts