The Diesel Garage banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure this has been talked about a ton but my search didn't turn up what I was looking for:

2008 Mega Cab Diesel Laramie current tires BFG A/T 285 70 17's starting to need replaced.

I can't do a lift right now with current garage door so can I go 305 without rubbing? (gotta have my turning radius since its already not so good! LOL)

If 305's would rub are there spacers that can push the tire out a bit or is that crazy and will look stupid....

Thanks for any responses....

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
305s will clear but will rub with stock wheels, if you have some positive off set not sure how much, this is not as big of an issue. also you can level it and put longer control arms upper and lower on it to re center the wheel in the wheel well.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
305s will clear but will rub with stock wheels, if you have some positive off set not sure how much, this is not as big of an issue. also you can level it and put longer control arms upper and lower on it to re center the wheel in the wheel well.
Tx. Now I just have to convince the wife for the need of new rims along with the tires!!

·
ADMIN/MAFIA
4,834 Posts
Tx. Now I just have to convince the wife for the need of new rims along with the tires!!
Talk to your tire shop they will be able to tell you what offset is needed to run what tire size.

·
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Talk to your tire shop they will be able to tell you what offset is needed to run what tire size.
That's my plan now, thank you. I didn't want to go in blind though, You never know if your gonna get a person with No knowledge or interest or someone that knows their job.
Let you know how it goes.
Brent

1 - 5 of 5 Posts