The Diesel Garage banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any opinions on a good tire with a semi-agressive tread? im running the MT baja claw radials in a 305/75R/16, and they have been pretty good, but i wanna try something else soon. Any opinions on the best bang for the buck?? Thanks guys

·
resident mason
343 Posts
tahoe-where does your truck spend the most time? For an all around tire I'd get a Pro Comp A/T or a Goodyear Silent Armor(I don't know if they make them in a 305). Both are good in snow and have a 50,000 mile warranty. For mud maybe the Toyo M/T or the time tested BFG M/T? Sand or desert I'd get a Pro Comp Xtreme A/T (which should still get fairly good tread life) or the MT ATZ's. Me personally, I am throwing on a set of the GY Silent Armors before winter and we'll see how they last. I got Coopers on now but only got 12,000 miles out of them. Good winter tire but to soft. I've had many brands like that (Kelly, General) and other no names but you get what you pay for. BTW you got a S&B intake- has yours worn through anywhere? Mine did, not totally but definately through the first mesh and into the gauze. Got it shimmed up now hopefully O.K..

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It spends alot of time on the road and in the snow (I hunt). I have looked at alot of the pro comps, and they seem alright. I know toyo makes a pretty decent A/T. My MT's are pretty agressive and i have gotten almost 30k out of them I am pretty impressed. Your filter has worn through? how many miles do you have on it? I have about 20k on mine with no problems at all... call S&B and tell them whats up. They will more than likely send you a new filter they have great customer service.

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Arent the extreme all terrains still warranteed for 40k?

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I checked those out when i bought my MTs. I just couldnt pass the MTs up though. Toyos are like 900. alootttttt

·
Registered
390 Posts
check out the Cooper Discover ST's if you want a middle of the road tire and they are priced well..

·
resident mason
343 Posts
I had the Cooper S/T before and it seems like a hard compound rubber. Good for milage and mud but when the temp is between 10 and 32 watch out cause you're gonna be all over the road. Colder than that and you won't have a problem with traction. I have Cooper M/T on and they're the ones I got 12000 out of. Good in the snow but definatley not a summer tire. I was going to try a set of the Goodyears on for winter. I believe they're siped which will make a huge diff. on ice. I guess that's what the best thing to do is, run a winter set and a summer tire.

·
resident mason
343 Posts
Tahoe- the filter isn't worn all the way through, it's still effective so I'm not going to worry about it just yet. I was just wondering if you had any probs. with yours.-Neil

·
diesel idiot
360 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I think I am gonna go with the pro comps. I need them before winter comes.
firehillbilly said:
Tahoe- the filter isn't worn all the way through, it's still effective so I'm not going to worry about it just yet. I was just wondering if you had any probs. with yours.-Neil
Like I said even if it is wearing I would just tell S&B they will probably send you a new filter gratis.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.